Where to stay in Monterrey: Best areas for travelers
- Monterrey Centro: This is a terrific location for sightseeing, with popular attractions like Fundidora Park and Macroplaza located here. When you've checked them off your list, enjoy a relaxing night at the Best Western Centro Monterrey, the Hotel 202 or the Safi Royal Luxury Centro.
- Apodaca: Sure, downtown is full of life, but you can find lots to do in this neighborhood too. Las Cruces Golf and Country Club is one thing you can't miss while you're in the area. The Best Western Plus Monterrey Airport, the Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca and the Homewood Suites by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca are some top hotels to check out.
- San Pedro Garza Garcia: If you'd rather immerse yourself in nature than spend time hitting the shops, this is the place for you. Enjoy a roam around Parque Ecologico Chipinque before kicking back at one of this neighborhood's comfortable hotels. Top recommendations are the Staybridge Suites San Pedro, the Habita MTY and the Antaris Valle.
- Monterrey Antiguo: Before heading off and exploring every nook and cranny of this place, you'll need a decent night's sleep. The Sheraton Ambassador Hotel, the Colonial de Monterrey and the Hotel Santa Rosa are some options to consider. Spend your nights at one of these and wake refreshed and raring to uncover the area's main attractions, including Macroplaza.
- Guadalupe: Getting some time out in nature is fantastic for your mind, body and soul. You'll be able to do just that in this neighborhood at Cerro de la Silla and Parque Espana. Eager to stay in the area? Find a room at the Quality Inn Monterrey La Fe, the Hampton Inn by Hilton Monterrey Apodaca or the City Express Monterrey Lindavista.
Top Monterrey hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Monterrey
Visitors to Monterrey, Mexico's third-largest city, will find a quaint six-block city square in the shadow of the beautiful Sierra Madre Orientals. Monterrey vacations are packed with culture, colonial architecture, and the charm of cobblestone streets. Monterrey is a busy metropolitan city, but the locals are friendly, welcoming, and happy to point you to their favorite restaurants and off-the-beaten-path attractions.
Start your trip to Monterrey with a visit to Parque Fundidora. Parque Fundidora used to be a steel factory complex, but it has now been transformed into a unique urban park. You can walk one of it's many trails and go see an art exhibit in the Centro de las Artes. You can also check out Horno3, a former blast furnace that's now an interactive museum with exhibits on Mexico's steel industry. After you've explored Parque Fundidora, head over to the Parque Nacional Cumbres de Monterrey. This park has trails that take you through dense forest and up rocky peaks. The highest point in the park, Copete de Águilas, gives you a great view of Monterrey and the surrounding mountains. When researching Monterrey packages, be sure to choose a hotel in Monterrey that's close to these can't-miss attractions.
Recurring Festivals and Events
One of Monterrey's biggest festivals is the Monterrey International Puppet Festival. Held in mid-July, this festival features works by both Mexican and international puppet makers. If you're interested in a more modern form of entertainment, check out the Monterrey International Film Festival. During this week-long festival in August, a variety of films are shown in venues throughout the city. Affordable car rentals in Monterrey make it easy to get to all of the film festival's venues.
Ready to book your Monterrey adventure? Travelocity gives you access to 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide, including many Monterrey hotels and flights. Travelocity is the smart place to research Monterrey vacation packages and save pesos in the process!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Monterrey?
How long should my Monterrey vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Monterrey?
Why should I purchase my Monterrey vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Monterrey car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Monterrey?
Which airport is best for Monterrey?
What is there to do in Monterrey?
Where should I stay when visiting Monterrey?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.