If you're the kind of traveler that has a never-ending curiosity, you'll be sure to have a great time at Musselburgh Racecourse.
You'll locate it in Edinburgh, the nation's exciting capital.
Since it's just 0.8 miles (1.3 kilometers) away, many who travel to Musselburgh Racecourse reserve a room at the Edinburgh Lodges.
If you feel like indulging in the finer things, you'll find a couple of first-class hotels a short drive away. The Sun Inn and Melville Castle are ideal choices that are worth considering.
Within a brief stroll of Musselburgh Racecourse, Olympia Cafe is a great place to experience the area's cafe scene. If you are planning to go out for dinner, stay nearby and check out the menu at Jaz's Fish Bar. Remember the best moments of a picture-perfect day by having a drink at The Sportsman Bar Musselburgh, which is also in the immediate vicinity.
Other Things to Do Near Musselburgh Racecourse
After visiting Musselburgh Racecourse, why not explore some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to get you started:
- Morrisons Haven is the perfect place to take a relaxing walk by the water.
- A family outing to Prestongrange Museum, a popular history museum, is sure to be both enjoyable and informative.
- Relive your college years with an approved visit to Queen Margaret University.
- Pack a delicious picnic and spend the whole day in the water, tasting the salty air at Portobello Beach.
- Are you looking for some green space where one can enjoy a relaxing stroll or just worship the sun? Head over to Dalkeith Country Park.
After a long day of exploring, catch the metro at Wallyford, only 1 mile (2 kilometers) away from Musselburgh Racecourse.