Where to stay in Edinburgh: Best areas for travelers
- New Town: Staying here puts you in the thick of the sightseeing action. Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre and Princes Street Gardens are just the start. When you're not dashing about checking off those famous sights, take advantage of the creature comforts at the Malmaison Edinburgh City. You'll also be well placed to discover this district from the ibis Styles Edinburgh Centre St Andrew Square or The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh.
- Old Town: Edinburgh Castle is just one of the unique sights that draw travelers to this area. You'll find a good range of quality hotels to choose from here, like the Stay Central, the Radisson Collection Hotel, Royal Mile Edinburgh and The Inn Place. Lock in your room in advance and be close to the action!
- West End: This neighborhood is a wonderful place to see the sights. Drop your bags off at The Guards Hotel, the Haymarket Hub Hotel or the Edinburgh Grosvenor Hotel. When you're done, make your way to Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art. No visit here is complete without some selfies at this popular attraction!
- Leith: If you're after something to do here, venture over to Royal Yacht Britannia. It's one of the main attractions in this part of town. The Malmaison Edinburgh, the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront and the Rooms at GPO will have a room for you if you want to stay in this neighborhood.
- Newington: If you only have time to see one attraction in this neighborhood, make it Royal Commonwealth Pool. Stroll around this leading sight at your own pace and then retire to the Unique Pavilion-style Oasis in Secluded City-centre Garden Location. The OYO Thrums Apartment and The Salisbury Hotel also have everything you could want for a delightful stay.
Edinburgh flight + hotel packages
2021 Edinburgh vacations
Top Edinburgh hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, Scotland's capital city, is a stunning tourist spot that continues to gain in popularity. Every year, the city hosts the largest cultural festival in the world, the Edinburgh Festival. For Edinburgh vacation packages, tourists can find a 5-star hotel in the downtown area, right in the middle of the summer festivities. Check out the many Edinburgh hotels waiting for you!
Major Attractions in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Castle is one of the biggest icons for tourism in the city. Although it's not a castle in the traditional sense (it's actually a fortress), that doesn't stop this site from drawing in over one million visitors every year. Edinburgh Castle's main tourist competitor is the National Museum of Scotland, which exhibits its 8,000 objects to almost 1.8 million viewers annually. If history and art isn't your thing, you can travel to Portobello and experience the promenade, shops, cafes, and lovely sandy beach. Suffice it to say many Edinburgh vacations will focus on culture and the arts; don't forget to search for Edinburgh car rentals to transport you around this stunning city.
Recurring Festivals and Events
The most active time of year in Edinburgh is the late summer months. During this time, around 15 separate festivals are held in the Scottish capital. The caliber of these festivals is astonishing: The Edinburgh Festival Fringe, or The Fringe, is the largest art festival in the world. The Edinburgh International Film Festival is the world's oldest film festival. And with over 200 events scattered across the city, the Edinburgh Science Festival is one of the largest science festivals in Europe.
With the Travelocity Price Guarantee, you can be sure you're arriving in Edinburgh at the lowest price possible. We'll match any price lower than ours and refund you the difference. Book a hotel and flight together, and save $537 on Edinburgh package deals.
Tours and Activities in Edinburgh
So you've landed in a new destination — what do you do? Why not kick back and see what thrilling experiences and epic adventures blow your way? After all, isn't that what traveling's all about?
Locking in an Edinburgh Full-Day Tour with Edinburgh Castle & Hop-on-Hop-Off Bus Tickets is a sensational way to start your Edinburgh journey.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Edinburgh?
How long should my Edinburgh vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Edinburgh?
Why should I purchase my Edinburgh vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Edinburgh car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Edinburgh?
Which airport is best for Edinburgh?
What is there to do in Edinburgh?
Where should I stay when visiting Edinburgh?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.