Where to stay in Belfast: Best areas for travelers
- Belfast City Centre: If you like staying in the center of the action, few places beat this neighborhood. There are plenty of inspiring sights to explore here, including Grand Opera House and Belfast Botanic Gardens. Popular hotels in this part of town include the Youth Hostel Association of Northern Ireland LTD, The 1852 and The 1852.
- Queens Quarter: Kick off your day at the Wellington Park Hotel and then make a beeline for Belfast Botanic Gardens. This awesome attraction is just one reason so many visitors spend their vacation in this neighborhood. The Malone Lodge Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member and the Dukes at Queens Boutique Hotel are other comfortable places to lay your head around here.
- Belfast Central District: Welcoming hotels such as the Grand Central Hotel Belfast, the Ten Square Hotel and the Park Inn by Radisson Belfast are one reason to stay in this neighborhood. But Grand Opera House, one of the neighborhood's biggest highlights, is what really brings in the crowds. Base yourself here and find out what all the fuss is about.
- Cathedral Quarter: Before exploring every nook and cranny of this neighborhood, you'll need a good night's rest. The Ramada by Wyndham Belfast City Centre, the Premier Inn Cathedral Quarter and The Merchant Hotel are some options to look into. Spend your nights at one of these and wake up refreshed and raring to discover the area's leading attractions, including St. Anne's Cathedral.
- Titanic Quarter: Great local attractions, a nice selection of hotels and an unique personality are just a few of the reasons this neighborhood is so popular with many first-time visitors to this city. Welcoming hotels here include the Titanic Hotel Belfast and the Premier Inn Belfast Titanic Quarter.
Belfast flight + hotel packages
Top Belfast hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Belfast
Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, has put its troubled past behind it and emerged as one of the top tourist destinations in the United Kingdom. Today, the city is a true blend of the British and Irish cultures that have influenced its history. With its top attractions and buzzing nightlife, you're guaranteed to have great craic on a Belfast vacation.
Murals depicting the political history of Belfast are painted on the walls on the Falls Road and the Shankill Road. The Falls Road displays the Irish side, while the Shankill Road murals are from the British point of view. You can also take a tour of the Crumlin Road Gaol, where political prisoners were housed, for a bit more insight into the city's past. For some fun, head to the area around the beautiful St. Anne's Cathedral, which is a revitalized hub of the city's dining and drinking scene. To get the most out of your Belfast package, make sure to check out the surrounding area as well. The drive along the coast to the fabled Giant's Causeway, a natural hexagonal-shaped rock formation, is splendid. Regular buses run along this route, but Belfast car rentals are a better option if you want to make some stops on the way for photos.
Recurring Festivals and Events
The Belfast International Arts Festival takes place over three weeks each October and November and is a showcase of all things creative such as theater, poetry, literature, and art. The two main cultural festivals are Faile An Phobail and Orangefest. Faile An Phobail is a celebration of the Irish culture in Belfast and takes place in August. The Orangefest, held on July 12, represents the British community. The city is busy during the festivals and over the summer months, so make sure to book your hotel in Belfast in advance.
Are you ready to take a trip to the cultural meeting point of Britain and Ireland? Download the Travelocity app to get mobile exclusive offers on package deals to Belfast.
Tours and Activities in Belfast
Forget about gazing at this remarkable world of ours through other people's vacation pics. Travel's about capturing your own unforgettable adventures.
Traveling is about making those special memories. We've compiled a list of exciting Belfast activities:
Frequently asked questions
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.