Where to stay in Ottawa: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Ottawa: Stay here and be near all the action. Fine cuisine, attractions galore, location — this neighborhood is hard to top. If this is your first visit, don't miss Parliament Hill and National Gallery of Canada. Some top places to lay your head include the Ottawa Downtown/byward Market Condo - 2 Beds/2 Baths, the Swiss Hotel and the Le Germain Hotel Ottawa.
- Byward Market - Parliament Hill: There are loads of great reasons to opt for this area, including being handy to unique sights like Parliament Hill. Find a comfortable room at the Fairmont Chateau Laurier Gold Experience, the Fairmont Chateau Laurier or the Capital Hill Hotel and Suites and you can visit whenever suits your travel plans.
- Centretown: Choose this area and experience well-known attractions like Dundonald Park. If this sounds like your type of place, look into the Best Western Plus Ottawa Downtown Suites. The SOHO Residences Lisgar and The Business Inn also promise a comfortable stay.
- Stittsville - Basswood: Dotted around this neighborhood are some of the city's best attractions. Secure a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Ottawa Kanata, the Wingate Kanata West Ottawa or the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Ottawa Kanata and you'll be within reach of Tanger Outlets. For a memorable trip, make sure Kanata Centrum Shopping Centre and Canadian Golf & Country Club are part of your itinerary too.
- Hull: You'll feel right at home at the Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Gatineau/Manoir du Casino, the Hilton Lac-Leamy or the Auberge de la Gare. Select one of these options and wake up full of energy and ready to explore the famous attractions in this area. Canadian Museum of History should be high on your list.
Top Ottawa hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Ottawa
Since it was founded in 1826, Ottawa has evolved until what is now one of Canada's most important cities. Originally developed as a settlement for French and Irish immigrants, the city now boasts a diverse population, several points of interest, and a friendly attitude toward visitors. You won't have to worry about being bored here when you take advantage of Ottawa package deals on Travelocity.
No matter what your vacation budget is, you'll have a grand time taking in all Ottawa has to offer. There's no shortage of sites and attractions. Start with a visit to Parliament Hill where you'll learn a great deal about the history of the city and get some fantastic photos of magnificent buildings, followed by a stroll along the Ottawa River, stopping for a picnic on the scenic shores. After that, head to the National Gallery of Canada and soak in the beauty of various art exhibits. You can also enjoy diverse shopping at Byward Square, followed by an excursion to Gatineau Park.
Festivals and Events
No matter the time of the year you find yourself enjoying Ottawa all-inclusive vacations, its likely there will be a festival in the city -- there's always a guaranteed good time in this city. During the springtime, Ottawa is home to Canada's Tulip Festival; in addition to millions of blooms, you'll enjoy learning more about the history of the tulip. Afterward, you can dine on great food, and take in an array of live entertainment shows. In the winter, take in Ottawa's Winterlude, which features enormous snow slides, live entertainment, and breathtaking ice sculptures for the entire family to enjoy.
You can save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time through Travelocity. On Travelocity, you'll find all you need to know about Ottawa vacation packages, affordable flight packages, car rentals , and vacation bundles. Travelocity will make your time in this amazing Canadian city as enjoyable as possible, regardless of whether it's in the spring, summer, or during the holidays.
Tours and Activities in Ottawa
The fantastic thing about traveling is that you seldom need to search for new experiences — they're right in front of you! So unpack your case, kick back and get ready to make some outstanding new memories.
Searching for new ideas for your Ottawa travel itinerary? Easy — a Private Session with a Local Photographer or a 6-Day Tour of the Northeast, Quebec & Ontario to New York are both great choices!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Ottawa?
How long should my Ottawa vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Ottawa?
Why should I book my Ottawa vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Ottawa car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Ottawa?
Which airport is best for Ottawa?
What is there to do in Ottawa?
Where should I stay when visiting Ottawa?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.