Where to stay in Panama City: Best areas for travelers
- Bella Vista: It's time for a big night on the town! There's plenty of after-dark fun to be had in this area, including at Veneto Casino and Crown Casino. Kick back and relax at the Oriental Panama City, the Eurostars Panama City or the Continental Hotel Panama when your evening comes to a close.
- Calidonia: There are loads of exceptional places to rest your head in this area, such as the Hotel Centroamericano, the Hotel Discovery and the Hotel Marparaiso. Get a comfortable night's sleep before visiting interesting sights such as National Bank House Museum.
- El Cangrejo: Not just full of charm and character, this area is home to interesting attractions such as Veneto Casino. The Saba Hotel, the Grand International Hotel and the Ramada Panama Centro Via Argentina are a few popular places to stay here. Once you're rested and refreshed, use that extra energy to check out Crown Casino and Fiesta Casino too.
- Obarrio: When the sun goes down in this part of town, you don't have to call it a day. If you'd like to keep the fun going, make your way to Bingo 90, a top nightlife attraction. You'll want to stay in the area if you're planning a few all-nighters. The Cozy, Artistic and Business Oriented Apartment in the Banking Area, the Wyndham Garden Panama City and the Sortis Hotel, Spa & Casino, Autograph Collection are some options to look into.
Last minute flight + hotel packages to Panama City
Panama City flight + hotel packages
Top Panama City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Panama City
Panama City Vacations
You’ve had one too many vacations go awry to take a gamble on this one. This year, commit to something excellent by reserving one of Travelocity’s Panama City package deals. By booking through Travelocity, you know you’ll have access to the very best accommodations and transportation options. By making Panama City, Florida, your destination of choice, you’ll no doubt spend your time splashing in the gentle waves of the Gulf of Mexico and dining on fresh seafood.
Top Hotels in Panama City
Making the choice to venture to the Sunshine State was easy, but picking a suitable accommodation can be more challenging. You want to be near the beach, but still able to get to the Panama City conservation park for hiking or the Grand Lagoon for bird watching. Never fear, dear traveler, because we have accommodations that will suit all your needs during your vacation in Panama City.
- Legacy by the Sea: Legacy by the Sea not only offers sweeping views of the Gulf, but the hotel is also a three-minute walk away from Gulf World Marine Park. When you’re not marveling at marine life, relax in the hotel’s heated pool or work on your fitness at the on-site gym.
- Beachside Resort: Offering a variety of rooms ranging from basic queen beds to suites with full kitchens, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for at Beachside Resort. Wake up each morning and go for a stroll on the white sand beach directly outside the hotel, then retreat to the beachfront hot tub and poolside bar for vacationing at its finest.
- Origin At Seahaven: Traveling with the whole family or just craving space to fully unwind? Origin at Seahaven is not your standard hotel, as the property boasts luxury condominiums to make your time in Florida as homey as possible. From basic studios to full-sized one-bedroom suites, Origin at Seahaven might just become your coastal home away from home.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Panama City Beach: When you tire of bodysurfing and seashell hunting, head to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites and let yourself get carried away in the pool’s lazy river. With entertaining activities for people of all ages, this property is one you’ll remember even after you’ve gotten home from vacation.
First things first, you need to go to Panama City beach and stretch out on the 27 miles of sand overlooking the Gulf. There are ample places to kayak, fish, or even take a boat out to scuba dive in the cerulean waters. Looking for a patch of sand a little off the beaten path? Then make the beach within St. Andrews State Park the initial stop on your Panama City getaway. There, you’ll be treated to pristine views of white sand and dark green waters. Shallow waters and high visibility make St. Andrews the ideal place in Panama City for snorkeling.
When you need to dry out, head to the Man in the Sea Museum. This quirky and innovative venue showcases exhibits on the history of diving. From vintage scuba suits to old school submarines, you’ll happily spend hours above ground dreaming of life under the sea. For a peek into Panama City’s social side, head to Pier Park, the city’s premier shopping and dining outlet. Located alongside the beach, you’ll find your favorite stores and a plethora of delicious local restaurants.
Festivals and Events
Taking a Panama City vacation? Visit the Gulf coast during February or March so you can partake in the Mardi Gras and Music Festival. Held annually the weekend before fat Tuesday, the event combines the best of Mardi Gras with the stunning scenery of Panama City. Enjoy live music, vibrant floats, and tasty food as you take part in this epic event.
If you happen to be taking a romantic vacation in Panama City, then there’s no better time to visit the city than in April. Each year, the Seabreeze Jazz Festival comes to town in the spring, and you and your special someone will no doubt have a ball. This outdoor event attracts thousands of visitors all over the world, and you and your honey will enjoy swaying to sweet saxophone rhythms while you watch the surf roll in.
Stop dreaming of sunny days and lively nights and book your vacation package in Panama City, FL already. With ample accommodations matching your needs, and weather that will make your heart sing, Panama City is the ideal destination for your carefree getaway. Now all that’s left for you to do is dig your sandals out of storage and buy some sunscreen.
Tours and Activities in Panama City
So you've dropped off your suitcase and you're starting to feel a little tired after your flight — what's up next? Curl up in bed? No chance... getaways are all about one-off experiences and memorable adventures! (Besides, you can always sleep when you're back home.)
So you've packed your Panama City travel itinerary with lots of exciting experiences — that's wonderful! If you're hoping for a couple more things, have a look at our recommendations:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Panama City?
How long should my Panama City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Panama City?
Why should I book my Panama City vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Panama City car rental if I book it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Panama City?
Which airport is best for Panama City?
What is there to do in Panama City?
Where should I stay when visiting Panama City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.