Where to stay in Birmingham: Best areas for travelers
- Five Points South: Vulcan Statue is just one of the reasons wanderers head straight for this part of the city. From culture to sightseeing and more, this neighborhood is one of the best places to truly get a feel for Birmingham. Stay at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham Downtown Near UAB, the Hotel Indigo Birmingham Five Points S - UAB or the Residence Inn by Marriott Birmingham Downtown at UAB. Then, get out and see what else this exciting area has to offer.
- Homewood: Slip into vacation mode before you leave home by looking up all the awesome things around here. Vulcan Park and Museum, Alabama Men's Hall of Fame and Three Sheets: A Linen Shop are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your travel itinerary. The Aloft Birmingham Soho Square, the Embassy Suites Hotel Birmingham and the Hampton Inn Birmingham/Mountain Brook are great options.
- Hoover: Aldridge Gardens and Moss Rock Preserve offer the ideal escape from the concrete jungle. If you want to spend time in nature, this is the place to stay. Comfortable hotels in this neighborhood include the Hyatt Regency Birmingham-The Wynfrey Hotel, the Courtyard by Marriott Birmingham Hoover and the Days Inn by Wyndham Galleria-Birmingham.
- Bessemer: This neighborhood is home to many fascinating sights. Settle in at the Motel 6 Birmingham - Bessemer, the Knights Inn - Bessemer AL or the Hamilton Inn Bessemer and then grab your camera. You'll need it for when you stop by Alabama Splash Adventure, Ross Bridge Golf Resort and DeBardeleben Park.
- Fultondale: Each neighborhood has its own unique vibe, and this place is no exception. Explore this area's buzzing vibe while staying at the Holiday Inn Express And Suites- Birmingham North-Fultondale. The La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Fultondale Birmingham N is another top pick.
Top Birmingham hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Birmingham
Have you ever wanted to follow in the footsteps of Martin Luther King, Jr.? Tread the streets of Birmingham, which was a central location in the civil rights movement in the ’50s and ’60s. While it knew turmoil, today the city has changed dramatically. Billed as “The Diverse City,” Birmingham welcomes visitors from all walks of life.
After you arrive for your Southern holiday, start your Birmingham vacation by experiencing all the sights and sounds the historic city has to offer. Take a walk through the Civil Rights District, which includes the famous 16th Street Baptist Church. When you’re ready for some tunes, continue on to the Alabama Jazz Hall of Fame. Learn about the state’s history of jazz music and stay for a performance by the house band. End your day with a relaxing evening of baseball at Regions Field.
Festivals and Events
Feel like going to a film festival in the Deep South? The Sidewalk Film Festival is held every year at the end of August in downtown Birmingham’s Theatre District. It attracts independent filmmakers from across the country and around the world looking to showcase their work. If you’re more of a music-lover, then Sloss Festival is where you want to be. The event takes place during two days in mid-July at the historic Sloss Furnaces complex on the outskirts of town. See musical acts from the nationally known to the local underground. Not sure how you’re going to get from Point A to Point B? When you book your Birmingham hotel package, ask about transportation service to the various events around town for easy access. Cheap rental cars are available in case you’d like to drive yourself.
Travelocity has you covered on the best hotel deals and be sure to bundle your room and flight for an amazing Birmingham vacation package. Add to the diversity with a trip to Alabama now.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Birmingham?
How long should my Birmingham vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Birmingham?
Why should I book my Birmingham vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Birmingham car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Birmingham?
Which airport is best for Birmingham?
What is there to do in Birmingham?
Where should I stay when visiting Birmingham?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.