Wander through the region's past when you visit Bodie Island Lighthouse.
To get there, you'll need to travel about 170 miles (274 kilometers) from the state capital, Raleigh, until you arrive at Nags Head.
Staying relatively close to Bodie Island Lighthouse isn't too difficult, due to the fact that there are 5 potential accommodations less than 6 miles (10 kilometers) away. You should add the Comfort Inn South Oceanfront and Fin 'n Feather Waterside Inn By Kees Vacations to your shortlist.
Look into getting a room at the Dolphin Oceanfront Motel, 6 miles (10 kilometers) away, and the lone moderately priced hotel available in the area.
Other Things to Do Near Bodie Island Lighthouse
You've traveled a long way, so surely Bodie Island Lighthouse is just the beginning. Once you've taken it in, be sure to investigate what else the area has to offer:
- Animal lovers will appreciate time spent at Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Jennette's Pier is the perfect platform to watch the world go by. Enjoy some bird watching, admire the sight of any passing boats or just enjoy the magnificent views.
- Do some shopping at Tanger Outlet Center, where you can purchase almost anything you need, such as clothes, general supplies and souvenirs.
- If you enjoy spending time beside the water, get in touch with Pirate's Cove Marina, a lovely marina, for visiting information.
- Step out of the real world for some time and explore the fantastic world of Mutiny Bay Adventure Golf. Putt-putt golf remains a great sport for all ages, so bring the whole crew!