If you are looking for a city full of wonderful restaurants, great cultural attractions, and some of the best sports in the country, then Cincinnati, Ohio, simply can't be beat. Flights to Cincinnati are easy through the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Hop over to the Queen City for a vacation full of food, sports, art and architecture, and fun! And, thanks to Travelocity’s Cincinnati flight deals, you’ll have some extra walking-around money to better help you experience all that the city has to offer. Enjoy a bowl of the nation’s most unique chili (yes, they serve it on a pile of spaghetti); channel your inner Superman at the Hall of Justice-esque Union Terminal; and top it off with a heaping helping of Graeter’s famous ice cream.
Transportation from CVG
There are plenty of affordable and high-quality options for hotels near Northern Kentucky International once your Cincinnati flight touches down. Many hotels have airport shuttles, although it will be most convenient to rent a car to explore the city. You could grab a taxi just outside of baggage claim door 5—and Cincinnati has a developed public transit system—but for convenience, having access to a car is a must.
Are there plenty of sports fans in your family? Make it a sports-filled day and take some family portraits at impressive stadiums across the area. For a truly authentic "Cincy" day, check out the NFL’s Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium, then head over to the MLB Cincinnati Red's Great American Ball Park. Finish it off with some traditional Cincy sports cuisine: the famous Cincinnati chili. You can find this homegrown dish at restaurants all over the city.
Cincinnati isn't just about sports, though. The city is full of surprisingly impressive and ambitious architecture. Spend an afternoon doing a driving tour of the biggest and best projects in the city, including the Cincinnatian Hotel, the Cincinnati Music Hall, Union Terminal, and the famous Shillito Department Store. Other beautiful spaces include the Fountain Square, the very heart of downtown Cincinnati, Smale Riverfront Park, and the Isaac M. Wise Temple.
Hotels Near CVG
Cincinnati is just across the Ohio River from CVG airport. So, you’ll only be a quick ride from some of these popular hotels:
- Millennium Cincinnati Hotel – The largest hotel in downtown, the Millenium boasts almost 900 guestrooms, 27,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, and one of the best views in Southern Ohio from high atop its rooftop pool and sundeck.
- Hyatt Regency Cincinnati – Not only is the Hyatt Regency a luxurious contemporary hotel with impeccable amenities, it’s also in a perfect location. Guests are a few blocks from two professional sports stadiums, across the street from the Duke Energy Convention Center, and under the same roof as Saks Fifth Avenue. How’s that for convenient?
- Cincinnatian Hotel – This elegant landmark boutique hotel has been awarded four stars by Forbes and four diamonds by AAA, making it one of the most prestigious properties in the city. With legendary service from the staff, fine dining at the Palace Restaurant, and uncompromising comfort, it’s easy to see why.
- The Garfield Suites Hotel – Long stays in the Queen City are even better when you use one of the condo-style suites at the Garfield as your home base. Get your work done at the on-site business center, or spend some downtime at the Great America Ballpark, just a short walk away. When it’s time to relax, take your pick form a complimentary wine happy hour or a dip in the outdoor swimming pool.
Things to Do Near CVG
Before you get started on your Cincinnati itinerary (or if you are just at CVG for a layover), there are a few things to do near the airport that you might want to add to your list. Here are some of our favorites:
- Bourbon – Take advantage of your short time in Kentucky with sip of the sweet wonder stuff they call bourbon. Both Old Pogue and New Riff distilleries are a short ride from the airport and a great way to jump-start any Cincinnati vacation.
- Newport Aquarium – Summon up your courage (maybe that shot of bourbon will help) and pet a shark or get eye-to-eye with an alligator. If you’re just not that daring, they have a great seahorse display and there are penguins on the property, too.
- Jack’s Cincinnati Casino – If you were lucky enough to survive your shark encounter, keep that good fortune rolling with a session on the gaming floor at Cincinnati’s premier casino.
Live It up in The Queen City
Want to find amazing prices on more than Cincinnati plane tickets? Check out Travelocity for vacation packages that will get you the best deals on Cincinnati airfare and hotels. You can save a king’s ransom in cash by reserving a hotel room and a flight to the Queen City at the same time. Book today for the cheapest flights to Cincinnati and plan out your fun-filled Ohio adventure!