No one can deny that time spent among nature is good for you. If you're feeling a bit tired and frazzled, a quick visit to Clemmons Educational State Forest may be just the ticket.
To see it, pack your things and head to Raleigh, the state capital.
If you're a fan of convenience and comfort, you'll be happy to find out there are 6 accommodation options within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Clemmons Educational State Forest. The Comfort Suites Clayton and Hampton Inn Raleigh/Clayton I-40 are two establishments to consider.
The Super 8 - Garner/Clayton/Raleigh Area is the only modestly priced hotel around, and it's roughly 6 miles (10 kilometers) away.
From its early start along the coast of Eastern Africa, the coffee bean is enjoyed on every continent. Head over to Dunkin' Donuts (2808 Old US Highway 70 West, Clayton), just 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away, to taste the local brew.
Other Things to Do Near Clemmons Educational State Forest
After you're finished at Clemmons Educational State Forest, you certainly won't be at a loss for ideas with some of the other things that are available in the rest of the area:
- Enjoy a few rounds, get your body moving and challenge your mind at the local Riverwood Golf Club.
- To be sure that memories from the past are never lost or forgotten, the local community built Garner Veterans’ Memorial so everyone could look on in memory.
- Historic Oak View County Park is popular with both locals and tourists. Enjoy some time spent outside, and maybe a picnic!
- Take part in a tour of African American Cultural Complex. Making time to explore this fascinating attraction will give you a unique window into different cultures and times in history.
- You'll surely attract the attention of many locals just by mentioning the name, Raleigh Country Club. This is a highly respected club with a variety of outstanding facilities for activities and events.