There aren't many things that can rival the invigorating feeling of being outdoors. Head to Crater Lake Trailhead for a dose of the good stuff.
Aspen, where it is situated, is 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Denver.
There is just 1 hotel in the area, so get set to lock in your accommodation quickly. After a nice breakfast at the Ritz-Carlton Club, Aspen Highlands by Frias, it won't take you very long to arrive at Crater Lake Trailhead, only 7 miles (11 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Crater Lake Trailhead
Surely you weren't planning to finish your day after Crater Lake Trailhead? Allow yourself some time to check out what else the wider region has in store:
- You'll soon see why the shores of beautiful Maroon Lake are well worth a visit.
- Put on your hiking boots and head out to Maroon Lake Scenic Trail Head. This refreshing hike is a great way to experience the charming natural beauty of this area.
- Get in on the wonderful natural beauty at Conundrum Creek Trail. This local trail is extremely popular among visitors and locals alike.
- Get in on the natural beauty at Richmond Hill Road. This hiking trail is extremely popular with both locals and tourists.
- Feel the powdery snow as you ski down the slopes of Aspen Highlands.