If you are searching for something to keep you intrigued on your travels, a visit to Geechee Kunda Cultural Arts Center and Museum is a great choice.
To get there, travel approximately 220 miles (354 kilometers) from the state capital, Atlanta, until you arrive at Hinesville.
With no hotels or other accommodations in the immediate vicinity, it takes a little more perseverance to get there. The Montage Palmetto Bluff, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, and the Marriott's Harbour Club, 45 miles (72 kilometers) away, are two places that might work with your plans. If not, 40 miles (64 kilometers) away is the Ocean Lodge.
Other Things to Do Near Geechee Kunda Cultural Arts Center and Museum
After you're finished at Geechee Kunda Cultural Arts Center and Museum, you certainly won't run out of things to do with everything else that's going on in the rest of the area:
- Take time to stop by Smallest Church in America. Even though this local place of worship is frequently visited by tourists, you need to find out the tour times if you want to spend a bit of time inside the actual building.
- Whether you are interested in botany or just the beauty of nature, LeConte-Woodmanston Plantation and Botanical Garden National Historic Site is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.
- Make time to enjoy a few hours wandering through the old streets of Midway Historic District.
- Jam-packed with fascinating exhibits about nautical history, Midway Museum is an attraction that the whole family can appreciate.
- History doesn't always come to life in school rooms, but the exhibits at Dorchester Academy National Historic Place offer a meaningful experience for all visitors.