If this is your first time visiting Prospect Mountain, you will be sure to cherish the memories for many years to come.
To reach it, travel to Lake George, about 80 miles (129 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Montpelier.
There are 2 hotels close by, so you would be wise to book in advance. You might appreciate The Blair House and Fran Cove Motel. You'll find them within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Prospect Mountain.
If you're the kind of traveler that feels totally fine with modest and clean facilities, you can get a room at one of the bargain solutions in the area. A couple of your options include the Best Western of Lake George and the Tahoe Resort on Lake George.
Indulge yourself with a night or two at one of the few upmarket hotels within easy driving distance. You might want to consider the Lodges At Cresthaven and The Quarters at Lake George.
Other Things to Do Near Prospect Mountain
After seeing Prospect Mountain, why not explore the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to start:
- A day of great family fun, featuring exciting games and rides, at the doors of the popular theme park, Dr. Morbid's Haunted House.
- Patriot of Lake George Museum is a popular local spot where you can browse exhibits on the armed forces and their history.
- Stand beside famous faces and snap a few pictures with them at House of Frankenstein Wax Museum, a well-known wax museum.
- Go on a hike surrounded by nature's beauty at Lakeside Trail, a popular local trail.
- Shepard's Beach Park is a popular local park that is visited by locals and travelers alike. It's the perfect place to spend a day.