Book Hotels in San Jose, Costa Rica
Wander wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Most frequently booked San Jose hotels
Top cheap San Jose hotel deals
- Hotel La Guaria Inn & SuitesAlajuela, 2nd. Av., 1st. Street, Del Teatro Municipal 200 m. al Este, Alajuela, Alajuela
The price is $69 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254/5Very Good! (10 reviews)
- Hotel El MaragatoAve Central, between street 1 and 3, San Jose, San JoseGet Rates5/5Exceptional! (1 review)
- Hotel Luisiana100 west and 400 south from Cruz Roja, Santa Ana, San Jose
The price is $54 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 253.8/5Good! (4 reviews)
- Posada Canal GrandePiedades, Santa Ana, San Jose (province)Get Rates4.5/5Wonderful! (11 reviews)
- Best Hostel San JoséAvenida 9 - Calle central, San Jose, San JoseGet Rates3/5 (2 reviews)
- Hotel Quinta AvenidaPaseo Colón, 300 Norte y 200 Este, Calle 20, 22 y Av. 5, San Jose
The price is $23 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 25
Top luxury San Jose hotel deals
- Real InterContinental Costa Rica at Multiplaza MallIn Front of Multiplaza Shopping, Escazu, San Jose
The price is $149 per night from Feb 20 to Feb 214.3/5Excellent! (7 reviews)
- Barceló San JoséAutopista General Canas 3km, El Robledal - La Uruca, San Jose, San Jose
The price is $70 per night from Jan 29 to Jan 304.4/5Excellent! (19 reviews)
- Studio Hotel Boutique50 meters North of the Red Cross, Santa Ana, San Jose
The price is $84 per night from Jan 29 to Jan 304.9/5Exceptional! (10 reviews)
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention CenterAutopista General Canas, 3 Miles South of Intl Airport, Ciudad Cariari, Heredia
The price is $84 per night from Feb 12 to Feb 133.8/5Good! (17 reviews)
- Hotel Grano de OroCalle 30 Avs 2 y 4, San Jose, San Jose
The price is $144 per night from Feb 3 to Feb 45/5Exceptional! (8 reviews)
- Alameda Cariari175mts south from Hard Rock Cafe, Souvenirs La Campesina 175 mts west, Ciudad Cariari
The price is $59 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 264.2/5Very Good! (5 reviews)
How much is a hotel room in San Jose?
Hotels in San Jose start at $23 per night. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Our Guide To Hotels In San Jose Costa Rica
The Pura Vida lifestyle speaks to you. Clean water, warm sunshine, and a heart filled with gratitude are a recipe for contentment. Just thinking about basking in the warm Central American sun puts your heart at ease and a smile in your eye. When the ingredients for happiness combine in Costa Rica, your heart takes flight. Your chest flutters at the thought of hours spent floating in the sea and letting sand sift between your fingers. Not a worry in sight. Costa Rica is your mecca. Bounded by the Caribbean Sea to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west, this island paradise welcomes visitors who seek inner peace and fresh waves.
Just past the place where deep blue sea gives way to golden sand, lush rain forests teeming with wildlife await. Spending an afternoon beneath the trees, your dreams for the future shed their fuzzy state and start to come into focus. You can’t imagine a more serene destination, nor a world in which everyone wouldn’t flock toward puravida. And yet, you’re glad they don’t. It lets you claim pieces of this unfettered terrain for yourself, if only for a while. Costa Rica truly is a treasure, and San Jose harbors some of its most hidden jewels. Want to hang ten in some of the best surf on earth? Take a hike to admire jungle animals? Everything you love about Greater Costa Rica is just a short trip away from the many hotels in San Jose.
Where to Stay in San Jose
San Jose is a beautiful blend of the old and the new. Stunning Victorian mansions share the city with buzzing central markets. Artifact-rich museums claim real estate near miniature theme parks and food tours. And when you stay at one of our conveniently located San Jose hotels, you’re close to it all. Peel your curtains open in the morning and greet this historic concrete jungle, ready to explore every nook and cranny once you head out from the comfort of your room.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Cariari - San Jose Costa Rica: Surrounded by green landscape, you might feel like you’re staying in the middle of a lush jungle. But then you’ll open your eyes and realize you’re poolside, just five minutes from the airport and a short walk from the Real Cariari Shopping Mall. Your spacious hacienda will have you kicking up your feet in no time.
- Wyndham San Jose Herradura Hotel & Convention Center: Soothe your muscles after a long day of surfing at this hotel’s sauna, and you’ll see why it’s a world-class accommodation. After you sleep in the next day, you’ll be daydreaming as you lounge next to one of the three glistening outdoor pools or getting a massage at the spa. Get your fix of Costa Rican fare right at the hotel, or dine at the Japanese restaurant.
- Barcelo San Jose Palacio: As soon as you land in San Jose, you’re off on a white water rafting adventure or to soak up the Baldi Hot Springs. Return to the Barcelo San Jose Palacio, and you get just the reprieve you need before your next excursion. The hotel has a spa, beauty salon, and gym. Dine beneath the palms, indoors, at the Anfora Restaurant which has a breezy terrace and lots of international cuisine.
- Hotel Presidente - San Jose City Center, Costa Rica: This hotel is aptly named, you’ll think. You feel like the president the moment you step into its ornate lobby. One of the best places to stay in San Jose, this hotel also has upscale rooms and marries natural brick with elegant fabrics and modern lines. It’s in the heart of the city, so you’re never too far from the landmarks that lured you to the capital in the first place.
You walk through the Museo de Oro Precolombino y Numimatica, marvel at the artchitecture of the Teatro Nacional, and brush up on your Spanish. This vacation is about culture, food, and getting away from it all. Our cheap hotels near San Jose help you do it all without a fret in the world about the cost of your stay. Book your San Jose lodging today, wise wanderer. The Parque Nacional is waiting for your soulful presence and the colorful homes of the Barrio Amon beg for you to take their picture. Adios, traveler.