Where to stay in San Salvador: Best areas for travelers
- La Libertad: If you're eager for a seaside vacation, this is the perfect base in San Salvador. Enjoy leisurely walks along the waterfront and inhale the salty sea air at Sunzal Beach. The Hotel El Bunker, the rincon familiar or the Hotel Pacific Sunrise will have a room for you when you're ready to turn in.
- Santa Tecla: Slip into vacation mode before you even leave home by looking up all the terrific things to do here. Plaza Merliot, Volcano El Boqueron and El Boqueron National Park are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your travel plans. The Modern and Exclusive Apartment in San Salvador, the Luciales and the Hotel Mango Inn are our recommendations.
- Antiguo Cuscatlan: The chance to disconnect is just one of the reasons this neighborhood is so enticing. Take a stroll around La Laguna Botanical Garden and soak up the peaceful atmosphere. When you're not having fun in nature, recharge your batteries at the Beverly Hills: Hotel & Business, the Hotel Berlin or the Hotel Boutique Valverde Santa Elena.
- Tamanique: A nice hotel is one of the key ingredients for a great getaway. Many visitors to this part of town enjoy staying in the Santorini Village and the Unforgettable Ocean View House In Private Gated Residence Near Top Surf Beaches. Why not extend your escape a day or two and check out all that this neighborhood has to offer?
- Costa Del Sol: If you want to discover the real essence of this neighborhood, take a self-guided tour of some of its much-loved attractions like Playa Costa del Sol Football Stadium. Comfortable hotels here include the Tortuga Village, the Hotel Real Costa Inn and the Izalco Hotel & Beach Resort. Base yourself at one of these and enjoy a good night's sleep before your next big adventure.
2021 San Salvador vacations
Top San Salvador hotels deals
Popular places to visit in San Salvador
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to San Salvador?
How long should my San Salvador vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for San Salvador?
Why should I purchase my San Salvador vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save on my San Salvador car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to San Salvador?
Which airport is best for San Salvador?
What is there to do in San Salvador?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.