FAQs about San Jose Flights
Which airlines fly to San Jose?
Whether you're after top-notch service or plenty of legroom on your flight to San Jose, you're sure to get what's on your wish list. There are 26 carriers that offer flights to this city, including:
What airport is best to fly into San Jose?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
You don't have to look around for flight options into multiple airports when visiting San Jose. San Jose, CA Airport (SJC-Norman Y. Mineta San Jose Intl.) is the city's only airport, and is situated 3 miles (5 kilometers) from the downtown area. Where to stay in San Jose
Every remarkable journey begins with just one step — along with a cozy place to lay your head! Secure your San Jose accommodations through Travelocity and you'll have 123 options to pick from.
It's not every day you take off on vacation, so why not treat yourself to a bit of luxury? The Hotel De Anza and The Fairmont San Jose are a few of the leading upmarket properties available here. Don't think you'll be spending much time in your room? Check out budget options like the Pacific Motor Inn and The Flamingo Motel and splurge on unforgettable experiences instead.
If you're thinking of exploring Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, you might like to stay within the area. The Hotel De Anza and the Kasa San Jose are just a short walk away, so you can be sure you won't miss out on any excitement! Places to visit in San Jose
Travelers flock to lay eyes on world-famous sights in rain, hail or shine. So, whatever the forecast's like while you're in San Jose, there's no reason to miss out on Winchester Mystery House and Great Mall of the Bay Area.
So many things to see and so little time. If you're keen to experience the best of this city, add the Tech Museum and the San Jose Convention Center to your travel itinerary. If you have an extra day to spare, swing by the San Jose Museum of Art and the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum as well.
Let the young people run around and take part in the activities at Children's Discovery Museum. It doesn't get more hands-on and gratifying than that! Seeking some more ideas? Hoping to find some parkland to enjoy a long walk or just worship the sun? Consider visiting Kelley Park. And that's not all there is. Shop 'til you can shop no more at Westfield Valley Fair Shopping Mall, a favorite shopping destination for tourists and locals alike. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to San Jose
If you like the thought of spending more time at the airport bars and restaurants and less time moving through security on your way to San Jose, just follow these helpful tips:
- Have your boarding pass and passport in an easily accessible place. They'll be the first things you'll be told to produce by airport security personnel.
- You'll have to pause the music for a few minutes. Headphones must be removed and put in a tub to be X-rayed. The same goes for items such as belts and heavy jackets.
- All laptops need to be removed from their protective carry bags and placed in a tray before being scanned.
- Traveling with a favorite cologne? As long as it's no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's stored in a clear resealable plastic bag, you can keep it with you in your carry-on luggage.
- Construction boots and other bulky shoes are often X-rayed at the security checkpoint. Consider wearing lightweight sneakers instead.
- Some destinations have strict biosecurity laws. Consider where you're journeying to and whether or not you're permitted to travel with fruit and meats.