FAQs about Springfield Flights
Which airlines fly to Springfield?
Getting ready to explore Springfield? Currently, there are 10 airlines that operate in this lively city. These are a few of the most popular carriers:
What airport is best to fly into Springfield?
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- British Airways
Springfield, MO Airport (SGF-Springfield-Branson National) is approximately 6 miles (9 kilometers) from the center of Springfield. It's the sole airport in the city, so there's no chance of your cab driver transporting you to the wrong one! Places to visit in Springfield
Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World is a notable attraction in this unique city. Spend a couple of hours here and find out why it's so popular.
Revisit your college days with a prearranged tour of Missouri State University. Need some more options? For a deeper insight into the history of the area, sign up for a visitors' tour of the campus and impressive buildings of Drury University. But there's more. With a variety of awe-inspiring species, Dickerson Park Zoo is invariably a fun and educational place to tour and admire the animals. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Springfield
Your journey to Springfield begins the minute you've completed all the security checks. Here are some useful tips to make sure you pass through quickly:
- Keep your boarding pass and passport somewhere handy. They'll be the first things you'll be asked for by airport security staff.
- Take off your shoes and belt before approaching security. Items such as these are not permitted in the body scanner.
- Electronic items such as phones, laptops and cameras will need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately. Make sure they're easily accessible.
- Hand cream, toothpaste and other toiletry items in gel, liquid or cream form need to be stored in containers smaller than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They must also fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock bag.
- Untie your shoelaces as you approach the body scanner. Depending on what sort of shoes you've got on, security may tell you to remove them.
- The list of prohibited items is forever changing. Browse your airline's website to find out what is not allowed on board their flights.