Panama Canal Cruises
What cruise lines go through the Panama Canal?
- Holland America: You’ll find things are quite relaxed on these cruise ships—there are no fixed dining assignments. These vessels typically depart from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, or San Diego, California. From there you’ll have ports of calls in Central American countries like Costa Rica before passing through the man-made-wonder that is the Panama Canal.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: This traditional cruise line fully embraces the glitz and glam of the Golden Age of Cruising and usually departs from Miami, Florida. Cruise itineraries often include stops at South American ports like Cartagena, Colombia. After passing through the canal’s set of locks, your ship will dock at Mexico’s coastal wonderland of Puerto Vallarta.
- Princess Cruises: This cruise line aims to please, with a wide variety of activities and dining options. Many of its ships depart from either Tampa or Miami, Florida, with cruise destinations to Aruba and Curacao. A stop at Gatun Lake will give you time to marvel at the Panama Canal before proceeding on your way. Many Princess Cruises have a final stop in either Colon, Panama, or Limon, Costa Rica.
What’s the difference between Partial Transit and Full Transit?
- Partial Transit: These cruises tend to be shorter and are round-trip. The ship usually goes as far as Gatun Lake before turning around and heading back to home port. Expect to be aboard for up to 11 nights.
- Full Transit: As the name implies, you’ll be passing cruising through the entire canal. And if this is on your bucket list or you are an engineering aficionado, then this will be for you. You will also have more cruise types to choose from (budget or luxury), since many cruise lines provide a full transit trip—up to 14 days!
Prices found within past 7 days. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Estimated price for 1 night/2 adults
Marriott Panama HotelRoosevelt Ave., Allbrook Mall, Panama City, Panama
Stay at this 4-star business-friendly hotel in Panama City. Enjoy free WiFi, 2 restaurants, and 2 bars/lounges. Our guests praise the breakfast and the helpful ...
Marriott Panama Hotel$125
The Westin Playa Bonita PanamaKm 6 Road to Veracruz, Panama City, Panama
Stay at this 5-star luxury hotel in Panama City. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and 3 outdoor pools. Our guests praise the pool and the helpful staff in our ...
The Westin Playa Bonita Panama$186
Radisson Hotel Panama CanalAmador Avenue & Van Hook Street, Amador, Panama, 8001
Stay at this 4-star family-friendly hotel in Amador. Enjoy free WiFi, free parking, and 2 outdoor pools. Our guests praise the helpful staff and the comfy rooms ...
Radisson Hotel Panama Canal$77
Hotel Riu Plaza PanamaCalle 50, Urb. Marbella, Panama City, Panama
Stay at this 4-star business-friendly hotel in Panama City. Enjoy free WiFi, 3 restaurants, and a fitness center. Our guests praise the restaurant and the helpful ...
Hotel Riu Plaza Panama$115
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
*Prices are cruise only, per person, double occupancy. Taxes, fees and port expenses not included. Rates are valid for US and Canadian residents only. Fuel supplement may apply. Savings advertised and Expedia Extras are based on specific cabin types and sailing dates, and may not be available for all cabin types/sailings.