Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Des Moines, a family-friendly city known for its festivals and concert halls, as well as attractions like Science Center of Iowa and Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden. You can choose from Travelocity's 61 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Des Moines and bring your four-legged friends along!
How to Wander Wisely in Des Moines with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Iowa Women of Achievement Bridge, Pappajohn Sculpture Park, and John and Mary Pappajohn Sculpture Park.
- Other things to see include Iowa State Capitol Building, Salisbury House, and Des Moines Art Center.
- Need a pet store? Try Tuesday Morning, Bone-A-Patreat, or Aqualand Pets Plus.
- For vet care, US Animal Plant Health Inspctn, South Des Moines Veterinary Center, and Family Pet Veterinary Center are located in the area.
Featured Pet-Friendly Hotels in Des Moines
- Wildwood Lodge
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the overall property condition and exceptional value.
- Extended Stay America - Des Moines - West Des Moines
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its location and spacious rooms.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Urbandale/Des Moines
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and helpful staff.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Des Moines
Weather can make or break your trip, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. Here are the average temperatures to help better plan your vacation in Des Moines.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 56°F in the daytime to 14°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 85°F and the nighttime average is 35°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 86°F in the daytime to 49°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 69°F and the nighttime average is 15°F.