Where to stay in Guatemala City: Best areas for travelers
- Zona 10: If you want to stay close to nature, base yourself here. Enjoy some downtime at Botanical Garden before getting some rest at the Hotel Piedraluna. The Luxurious Apartment in Exclusive Area and the Ever Green Hotel are other options in this popular area.
- Zona 1: If you can't get enough of sightseeing, this is the place for you. Fantastic attractions such as Teatro Nacional, Museo de Ferrocarril and Centro Cívico are ready to be explored. Add to that cozy places like the Hotel Sevilla, the Hotel Spring and the Hotel Maya Excelsior — what else do you need?
- Zona Historico: You'll uncover surprises around every corner here, and Castillo de San Felipe de Lara is one of the best of them. Stay in this part of town for its ample attractions, which also include National Palace (Palacio Nacional) and Central Market. In search of a nice hotel? This area has loads of them. The Hotel Pan American, the Hotel Royal Palace and the Hotel Maya Excelsior are a few to consider.
- Guatemala City Historical District: This neighborhood is home to many unique attractions. Settle in at the Hotel Pan American, the Gran Central Gueroult or the Hotel Royal Palace and then grab your camera. You'll need it for when you visit National Palace (Palacio Nacional), Central Market and Catedral Metropolitana.
- Zona 13: One of the great advantages to basing yourself in this neighborhood is that there's loads to keep you busy. Map out a route and spend a day exploring popular attractions like La Aurora Zoo, National Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology and El Obelisco. When you've finished up, get some rest at the Hotel Ixbalanque, the Casa Blanca Inn Hotel or the Global Airport Inn Guatemala .
Last minute flight + hotel packages to Guatemala City
Guatemala City flight + hotel packages
Top Guatemala City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Guatemala City
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Guatemala City?
How long should my Guatemala City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Guatemala City?
Why should I purchase my Guatemala City vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Guatemala City car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Guatemala City?
Which airport is best for Guatemala City?
What is there to do in Guatemala City?
Where should I stay when visiting Guatemala City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.