So, you're off to Hofstra University?
Once you're ready to go, it will be patiently awaiting your arrival in Hempstead.
With 5 accommodations located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Hofstra University, you shouldn't have any issues finding something comfortable. Many visitors enjoy the Long Island Marriott, Hampton Inn Garden City and Hyatt Place Garden City, 0.9 miles (1.4 kilometers), 2 miles (3 kilometers) and 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, respectively.
A short drive away, there are a handful of low-cost accommodations to select from. Some examples are the Hampton Inn Jericho - Westbury and the Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island - Garden City.
You'll find several top-end hotels a short drive away, perfect in case you're feeling a little indulgent. Quality choices are The Garden City Hotel and Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection.
Make yourself comfortable, rest your feet and grab a bite to eat at Dunkin' Donuts, a favorite coffee house close to Hofstra University. When you've built up a real appetite, Bits and bytes is also not far away, and is among the best places for dinner. A glass or two of the local brew at Bangers might be just what you need after running around all day.
Other Things to Do Near Hofstra University
When you're finished with Hofstra University, why not swing by the area's other attractions? Here are a few places to get you started:
- Let the youngsters jump around and satisfy their thirst for knowledge at Long Island Children's Museum. It can't get more hands-on and fun than that!
- Look up Nassau County Firefighters Museum and Education Center once you've seen all the other museums and you're hungry for more!
- Explore the adventure and wonder of flight at Cradle of Aviation Museum. This is one of the region's most popular attractions, where visitors will experience hands-on learning through various interactive exhibits.
- Spice up your date nights and experience the local theater scene. JetBlue Sky Theater Planetarium offers a range of productions for you to enjoy.
- Eisenhower Park in an ideal getaway for visitors wanting to spend some time surrounded by nature.