Where to stay in Jakarta: Best areas for travelers
- South Jakarta: Choose this neighborhood and combine city sightseeing with some time in nature. Get comfortable at the Airy Eco Syariah Kemang Selatan Delapan C3 Bangka Jakarta, the ZEN Rooms Kemang Antasari or the Grand Kasira. From any of these options, it'll be a snap to head outdoors and soak up Taman Honda Tebet.
- Central Jakarta: National Monument is only one of the awesome sights that entice travelers to this area. You'll find a good range of comfy hotels to take your pick of here, such as the Aryaduta Jakarta, the Gren Alia Jakarta Hotel and the Hotel Gren Alia Jakarta. Book your room ahead of time and be close to the action!
- West Jakarta: Not only exuding charisma and charm, this neighborhood features attractions such as Taman Anggrek Mall. The favehotel Puri Indah Jakarta, the OYO 866 Idola Residence and the RedDoorz near Kebon Jeruk Jakarta are a few popular places to stay here. Once you've sneaked in some shut-eye, use that extra energy to explore Neo SOHO and Mal Ciputra Mall too.
- Old Jakarta: If you're on the hunt for someplace to stay in this area, the Airy Ancol UBM Lodan Raya 2 Jakarta, the Cordex Hotel Ancol Jakarta and the Alexis Hotel Jakarta are all great options. Creative types in particular will enjoy this neighborhood, with Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics and Balai Seni Rupa among the many sights available here.
- Tangerang: Book a room at the Narita Hotel Tangerang and you'll be well placed to discover some of this area's best attractions. Kick off your sightseeing journey at Summarecon Mall Serpong, Living World and Gading Raya Golf Course. If you want more hotel options, consider the Allium Tangerang Hotel and the Golden Tulip Essential Tangerang.
Top Jakarta hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Jakarta
Jakarta is the capital of Indonesia, a bustling archipelago of more than 18,000 islands. This equatorial paradise is a premier destination for tourists year-round, and is well-known for its ancient culture, varied cuisine, and beautiful natural scenery. Get a package to Jakarta and start your next great adventure.
You'll never be without something to do in Jakarta; whether you want to be outdoors or you're interested in doing some shopping, you're sure to find something of interest here. Jakarta is home to the Grand Indonesian Mall, one of the largest and most prominent shopping destinations in Southeast Asia. Browse the extensive selection of world-renowned labels, then use any of the available Jakarta rental cars to pay a visit to the nearby National Museum. The Museum hosts artifacts that stretch across the breadth of Indonesian history and is well worth visiting for anyone enjoying one of the Jakarta vacation packages.
Festivals and Attractions
You should find a comfortable hotel in Jakarta , since you'll be spending a lot of time out and about. In March, Jakarta hosts the Java Jazz Festival, an eclectic celebration that musicians from all over the world attend. See live performances by some of the most talented local and international musicians, all while enjoying the unique and positively delicious blend of Chinese, Indian, and Middle Eastern cuisine. Though you might think Scotland is a world away from Indonesia, the Jakarta Highland Gathering held each May might just change your tune. With its distinctive celebration of Scottish life and culture—and many people wearing many kilts—you'll form memories you'll cherish for years here.
When you schedule your hotel and flight together using Travelocity, you can save up to $537. Go ahead and apply the extra money from that deal toward your Jakarta vacations, you'll be glad you did.
Tours and Activities in Jakarta
The best thing about traveling is that you don't always need to seek out new experiences — they'll come to you! So unpack your gear, relax and prepare to make some brilliant new memories.
Are you ready to open yourself to new and exciting experiences? While you're in Jakarta, jazz up your travels with a Private City & Indonesia in Miniature Park Tour.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Jakarta?
How long should my Jakarta vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Jakarta?
Why should I purchase my Jakarta vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Jakarta car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Jakarta?
Which airport is best for Jakarta?
What is there to do in Jakarta?
Where should I stay when visiting Jakarta?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.