What's holding you back? Makalawena Beach was made to be seen.
When you're ready to start exploring, it will be waiting for you in Kailua-Kona.
Staying relatively close to Makalawena Beach won't be too hard, due to the fact that there are 4 potential accommodations less than 6 miles (10 kilometers) away. Spend a bit of time comparing the atmosphere at the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai and Mango Sunset Bed and Breakfast Inn at Lyman Kona Coffee Farm.
Other Things to Do Near Makalawena Beach
Once you're finished at Makalawena Beach, you certainly won't be at a loss for things to do with all of the other things that are going on in the area:
- Kehaka Kai State Park in an ideal getaway for anyone hoping to spend some time surrounded by nature.
- Experience a lovely day out in the sunshine and enjoy some exercise at Kekaha Kai State Park, one of the region's finest parks.
- Schedule a cruise around Kua Bay to relish the sights and sounds of the sea.
- Escape from the hustle and bustle and stop by Manini'owali Beach where you'll appreciate the steady beat of the crashing waves.
- Feel the refreshing sea spray on your skin when you take a boat trip around Kiholo Bay.