Take a step back through time at Piedras Blancas Lighthouse, a tribute to what once was.
San Simeon, where it can be found, sits 200 miles (322 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Sacramento.
It will be a bit of a drive to reach your accommodation, as there aren't any in the immediate surrounds. There are 6 places to stay that are 30 miles (48 kilometers) away in Atascadero. Look into reservations at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Atascadero, Carlton Hotel and Vino Inn & Suites.
Other Things to Do Near Piedras Blancas Lighthouse
You've spent a while getting here, so we imagine Piedras Blancas Lighthouse won't be your only stop. After you're done, be sure to have a look at what else the area has to offer:
- Elephant Seal Rookery offers the wonderful experience of seeing the creatures up close and enjoying themselves in their natural habitat.
- Enjoy a little rest from sightseeing and take in the latest offering at National Geographic Theater.
- Enjoy the invigorating sea breeze on your face as you and your family go for a boat ride on Jade Cove.
- You can't go past Sebastian General Store if you're looking for an excellent environment to enjoy a good meal.
- Train your palate with the fragrant notes of the wines presented at Hearst Ranch Winery.