Pet owners shouldn't miss Portsmouth, a city known for its shopping, and sights like Fort Constitution Historical Site and Portsmouth Athenaeum. Choose from Travelocity's 24 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Portsmouth and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Portsmouth with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Prescott Park, Fort Stark State Historic Site, and Odiorne Point State Park.
- Other things to see include Market Square, Portsmouth Brewery, and Tugboat Alley.
- Need a pet store? Try Zoopurr Pets, Bell Farm Shops, or Macroport.
- For vet care, Port City Veterinary Referral Hospital, Village Veterinary, and Veterinary Emergency Critical Care & Referral Center 24 Hours are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Portsmouth
- Motel 6 Portsmouth
Pets stay free at this 2-star motel. Guests appreciate its great beach location and comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Portsmouth
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3-star aparthotel. Guests appreciate the family amenities and helpful staff.
- The Hampshire Inn and Conference Center
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and exceptional value.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Portsmouth
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you're hoping to spend time outdoors. We have gathered the average day and night temperatures to help better plan your trip in Portsmouth.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 51°F in the daytime to 14°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 81°F and the nighttime average is 30°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 82°F in the daytime to 44°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 67°F and the nighttime average is 17°F.