You'll certainly need to add Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge to your bucket list. It's not without reason that it's frequented by fellow travelers from all corners of the globe.
To reach it, you'll have to travel 290 miles (467 kilometers) from the state capital, Austin, until you arrive at McAllen.
You won't discover any hotels close to Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, however, if you push your search a bit farther out you will discover a handful of options. The Rancho Viejo Resort and Country Club is 35 miles (56 kilometers) away, the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen 9 miles (14 kilometers) and the Courtyard by Marriott Brownsville 40 miles (64 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge
After you've been to Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge, prepare for the other terrific attractions available in the wider region:
- If you are interested in plant science or just the charm of nature, Jardin Botanico del Dr. Alfredo Barrera -Botanical Gardens is a splendid place to spend a few hours.
- Visit World's Largest Killer Bee for a great selfie opportunity and the opportunity to gaze at the statue up close.
- No matter if you're an avid historian or not, you can enjoy the engineering of Old Hidalgo Pumphouse, some of the best historical hotspots.
- If you're yearning to reconnect with your divine side, pay a visit to Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan del Valle, where it may be possible to join fellow worshipers and pray for your own happiness, health and good luck.
- A fascinating tour of the exhibits at Smitty's Juke Box Museum is a popular activity among musicians and non-musicians alike.