Where to stay in Stockholm: Best areas for travelers
- Central Stockholm: If you're fond of being in the center of the action, you won't do better than this neighborhood. There are loads of amazing sights to check off your itinerary here, including Vasa Museum and Skansen. Favorite hotels in this neighborhood include the Hobo, the At Six and the Hotel Kungsträdgården - The Kings Garden Hotel.
- Norrmalm: You've got lots of options when it comes to comfortable places to stay in this area. For starters, take a look at the Stockholm Inn Hotel, the Queen's Hotel and the Scandic No 53. You'll be able to spring out of bed and be at popular attractions like Royal Swedish Opera soon after.
- Ostermalm: Swap traipsing down overcrowded city streets for a leisurely wander around Humlegarden Park and Stureparken. Nature buffs will be in their element in this neighborhood. The Mornington Hotel Stockholm City, the Clarion Collection Hotel Wellington and the Villa Dagmar are a few places to sleep off your big adventures.
- Saltsjo Boo: A nice hotel is one of the most important ingredients for an enjoyable vacation. Many visitors to this part of town enjoy staying in the Modern Villa 25 min From Stockholm City, Near Bath and Archipelago and the Close to the sea and Stockholm. Why not extend your escape a few days and check out all that this area has to offer?
Top Stockholm hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Stockholm
Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, is composed of 14 islands within the Baltic Sea, which are known as the Stockholm archipelago and connected by over 50 bridges. Cobblestone streets and medieval buildings transport you back in time to the 13th century. You'll find many ferries and boats transporting visitors among the islands, but should you require extra mobility, there are numerous rental cars in Stockholm .
Major Attractions in Stockholm
You have endless opportunities to gain a cultural understanding of the region with Stockholm package deals. Museums abound, such as the Skansen Open-Air Museum and The Vasa Museum; for those fans of the Swedish band ABBA, there is even an ABBA Museum. If you're feeling particularly brainy, try out the National Museum of Science and Technology to satisfy your curiosity. Is rubbing elbows with royalty more your cup of tea? The Royal Palace, Drottningholm Palace, and the Gamla stan may better suit your tastes. Whatever you decide to include in your all-inclusive vacations to Stockholm, you'll be hooked on the ambiance of the region and may decide to extend your stay!
Stockholm Annual Events
Stockholm vacation packages should be customized to fit the activities in which you'd like to take part. Many of the annual events in this part of Sweden are centered around Swedish tradition and pagan rituals that have carried over. For instance, the celebration of Midsommarafton (Midsummer Eve) is a holiday spent revering fertility. It occurs on the Friday closest to June 24 each year. In more contemporary tradition, the Accelerator festival is held each June and hosts music acts from as far away as the United States and Brazil.
Stockholm hotels are waiting to accommodate your stay in this beautiful northern city. Take advantage of the many mobile-only deals you can find on the Travelocity app, and book your vacation today.
Tours and Activities in Stockholm
Every now and then, travel experiences can be so extraordinary that they utterly blow us away. They become precious moments to reflect on for a long time to come. Prepared to create some brilliant new memories?
There are so many activities to choose from in Stockholm. Here are our top picks:
- Old Town Walking Tour, Vasa Museum & Djurgården Island
- Gamla Stan Historical Walking Tour
- Private Gamla Stan Walking Tour & Skip-the-Line Access to the Vasa Museum
- Stockholm Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Stockholm Pass: 60+ Attractions, Hop-On Hop-Off Ticket & Sightseeing Tours
- Hop-On Hop-Off City Tour by Red Buses
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Stockholm?
How long should my Stockholm vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Stockholm?
Why should I purchase my Stockholm vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Stockholm car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Stockholm?
Which airport is best for Stockholm?
What is there to do in Stockholm?
Where should I stay when visiting Stockholm?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.