Flee from the traffic and tarmac when you visit Tomales Bay State Park, where Mother Nature will work her magic.
It's situated in Inverness. If you aren't quite familiar with the name, it's 80 miles (129 kilometers) away from the state capital of Sacramento.
You would be wise to organize an accommodation in advance, as there is only 1 in the area. After breakfast at the Point Reyes Vineyard Inn, it won't take you very long to get to Tomales Bay State Park, only 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Tomales Bay State Park
Whether you're wanting to take the road less traveled or explore the more popular attractions, you won't run out of things to do when you're finished at Tomales Bay State Park:
- Take in the salty breezes and listen to the sounds of children laughing when you spend the afternoon at Heart's Desire Beach.
- Anyone who likes to get back to nature will enjoy a trip to the unspoiled Point Reyes National Seashore.
- Nature lovers should remember to pack their walking and hiking gear and explore Tomales Point Trailhead.
- Get in on the natural beauty that awaits your enjoyment on Point Reyes Hiking Trails. This local trail is very popular with visitors and locals alike.
- Walk to the pinnacle of Mount Wittenberg for a mesmerizing view of the surrounding area.