Where to stay in Asheville: Best areas for travelers
- Black Mountain: You won't be forced to choose between a nature escape and a city trip here. With attractions like Craggy Gardens and Robert Lake Park, this Asheville neighborhood features the best of both worlds. Soak up these sights from the Helen\'s Place in Black Mountain ~nc~ or The Monte Vista Hotel. The Dogwood Cottage-walk to Downtown Black Mountain is also a convenient base.
- Downtown Asheville: If you want to experience the past, take a look at Pack Square and Vance Monument. Once you've learned a few lessons from history, find a room at the Kimpton Hotel Arras, the AC Hotel Asheville Downtown or The Windsor Boutique Hotel.
- Candler: This neighborhood's unique character is one of the reasons visitors return time and again. The Days Inn by Wyndham Asheville West and the Days Inn Asheville West - Southern Supper us on Us! are two hotel options to check out here.
Asheville flight + hotel packages
2021 Asheville vacations
Top Asheville hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina, is the best kept secret in the United States. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains, this East Coast city is known for its laidback vibes, abundance of craft breweries, and a vibrant art scene. Immerse yourself in the funky yet functional culture of North Carolina by reserving your Asheville vacation package today on Travelocity.
Top Hotels in Asheville
You’re not sure where to begin your hunt for accommodations to make the most of your vacation in Asheville. Not to worry, wise wanderer, as we’ve compiled a list of some of the greatest hotels to call the city home. However, you’ll have to venture downtown to see the abundance of street performers the city’s known for…or tip your bell hop extremely well in exchange for an impromptu tap dance…
- The Omni Grove Park Inn: Situated near the Grove Park Country Club, the Omni Grove Park Inn fuses together Southern charm and modern comfort. Pamper yourself at the on-site spa or grab a glass of wine at one of the hotel’s bars or restaurants.
- Renaissance Asheville Hotel: Just outside of downtown Asheville is the Renaissance Asheville Hotel, a Marriott property. With a cozy hotel bistro serving up delicious fare, an indoor pool, and comfy armchairs perfect for passing the day with a good book, the Renaissance Asheville will complement any travel occasion.
- Aloft Asheville Downtown: Looking to stay in the heart of the city? Aloft Asheville Downtown is perfect for the traveler searching to get swept up in the music venues, bars, and restaurants of downtown Asheville. In addition to its ideal location, the hotel’s guest rooms offer bright, modern spaces. Not to mention the on-site WXYZ Bar which hosts local musicians regularly.
- Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville: Residing on over 125 acres of North Carolina land, the Crowne Plaza Resort will immerse you in the natural beauty of Asheville. This hotel is an excellent selection for the adventurous traveler, as the grounds have tennis courts, a golf course, ziplining course, two pools, and trails for hiking, running, or mountain biking.
Begin your Asheville getaway by getting in touch with the city’s outdoors-y side. The Blue Ridge Parkway sits atop the Southern Appalachians and provides some of the best hiking trails in the country. If you’re traveling with little ones on a family vacation in Asheville, or simply don’t have time to take in the scenery by foot, then pile into a rental car and drive to the top of Mount Mitchell State Park for a view from the highest peak east of the Mississippi.
Step back into urban life in downtown Asheville. The streets of downtown are lined with gourmet restaurants, quirky boutiques, and bookstores both vintage and contemporary. The city is known nationally for its vibrant music and arts scene, so don’t be surprised if you see dozens of grand marquees advertising local bands, or street performers banging on drums around the neighborhood.
Finish your cultured tour of downtown Asheville by visiting the Black Mountain College Museum + Arts Center. The venue exhibits art that honors the college’s unique history and the impact that the institution has had on local artists.
Festivals and Events
No Asheville vacation is complete without sampling some local brews—and there’s no better time to do so than during Asheville Beer Week. If you find yourself in town during late May or early June, you’ll be able to sidle up next to some flannel-wearing locals and sip on pale ales and IPAs that will make your taste buds sing. In addition to tastings and special beers on tap around town, visitors will also enjoy special dinners paired with beer, and talks from members of the beer community.
The Asheville arts scene comes to a head in January during the Asheville Fringe Arts Festival. the performing art festival takes place in numerous venues throughout the city and lets artists express themselves through a variety of mediums to the local community. Since 2002, the annual event has challenged viewers to think about the difference between art and reality in a critical way, all the while providing entertainment for those lucky enough to attend.
Asheville package deals are as unique as the many craft beers available throughout the city. Enter your preferred travel dates and select the accommodation and transportation that’s right for you. With your travel arrangements handled, you can start figuring out what hiking shoes to bring along on your journey.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Asheville?
How long should my Asheville vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Asheville?
Why should I purchase my Asheville vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Asheville car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Asheville?
Which airport is best for Asheville?
What is there to do in Asheville?
Where should I stay when visiting Asheville?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.