Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site is certainly a place worth exploring.
To visit, head over to Edgecomb. If you're not sure where that is, it's about 110 miles (177 kilometers) from Concord, the capital of the state.
If you are mainly coming to visit Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site, you'd do well to get a room at the Sheepscot Harbor Village Resort & Spa. At 0.4 miles (0.6 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the sight.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site
Here are a few more of the area's other popular pursuits:
- Both locals and tourists often take part in informational tours of Castle Tucker, an unforgettable historic house.
- If you would like to find out about the area's history, go to Musical Wonder House, a well-known historic residence.
- If you're eager for a little learning, go and check out what's being displayed at Lincoln County Jail Museum.
- Take a look at the artwork at Edgecomb Potters Gallery.
- If you enjoy the great outdoors, Dodge Point Public Reserved Land is a place you will certainly appreciate. Bring the family for a hike in the fresh air.
If you want a convenient way to visit Fort Edgecomb State Historical Site, just jump on the train to Wiscasset, 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) away.