When was the last time you escaped? As you drive your usual routes and eat dinner at the usual spots, does your spirit yearn for something different? Give yourself the retreat you deserve in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With boat masts bobbing in the waves, the sounds of jazz twirling in the air, and rows of pretty boutiques waiting for your exploration, it’s a place that’s been calling for you for a long time. Answer the call by booking a stay at a Fort Lauderdale all-inclusive hotel such as the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Harbor Beach Resort & Spa.
Where are the best beaches in Fort Lauderdale?
In a town like Fort Lauderdale, it’s not about going to the beach, but going to the very best shore in the area. Here are some of the best beaches in Fort Lauderdale:
- Fort Lauderdale Beach: Here, you’ll find beachfront cafes, boutiques, and bars where you can sip on a sweet coconut cocktail before dipping back into the ocean.
- Deerfield Beach: This beach is considered the best for families, and it’s not uncommon to see a village of sand castles on the shore and a sky of Frisbees against the clouds.
- Hillsboro Beach: Here you’ll find one of the most famous Fort Lauderdale landmarks—the 1907 Hillsboro Lighthouse.
- Lauderdale-by-the-Sea: Considered the quaint beach town of the area, the Lauderdale-by-the-Sea area is complete with old-fashioned ice cream parlors and family-run delis.
- Hollywood Beach Boardwalk: This area is popular for cyclists and dog owners enjoying the 2.5-mile boardwalk.
- John U. Lloyd Beach State Park: If you want to squeeze in some kayaking time into your vacation, a tour around the mangrove roots at John U. Lloyd is where to do it.
With all that time on the beach, you’ll no doubt need some delicious morsels to refuel your stomach. And since you’re already by the shoreline, merely wander up to the best waterfront restaurants in Fort Lauderdale.
What are the best Fort Lauderdale restaurants on the water?
When you’re in Fort Lauderdale, a dinner seat right along the shore can’t be beat. Here are some of the best Fort Lauderdale restaurants on the water:
- Coconuts: Topping several best waterfront restaurants list, Coconuts is upscale casual place, with twinkling lights and a long seafood menu that includes coconut shrimp, crab cakes, and lobster rolls.
- Shooters Waterfront: With sand-white décor and perfect views of the ocean, Shooters Waterfront is a favorite among couples. Look for dishes like seared ahi tuna salad, slow braised beef short rib, and Cajun shrimp fettuccine pasta.
- 15th Street Fisheries: If you want seafood, go to the place with “fish” in the name. Since 1978, 15th Street Fisheries has been famous for its great views and dishes like Argentine red shrimp cocktail, grilled salmon, and king crab legs.
And not to worry if you have to order a doggy bag for the leftovers. Several all-inclusive hotels in Fort Lauderdale include a refrigerator.
Between lobster tails and sunny days, there are few things that can top a vacation in Fort Lauderdale. Go ahead and give yourself the retreat you’ve earned. Find yourself the best all-inclusive hotel in Fort Lauderdale—like the Atlantic Hotel and Spa —and get to know the good life by the water.