Where to stay in Jacksonville: Best areas for travelers
- Ponte Vedra Beach: In the mood to relax and spend time in nature for an afternoon or so? You can do it in this neighborhood. Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Estuarine Research Reserve and Guana Pine State Park and Wildlife Management Area will show you a natural side to Jacksonville. Check in at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra or the Beach Bliss: Oceanfront Condo On Quiet Beach Just Steps From The Sand And Ocean and spend your daylight hours exploring the area's wonderful outdoor sights.
- Jacksonville Beach: We hope you're ready to splurge! Shop to your heart's content at Sleiman South Shopping Center before checking out the deals at Sleiman North Shopping Center. When your bags are full, sit back and unwind at the Holiday Inn Express Jacksonville Beach, the Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront or the Best Western Oceanfront.
- Southside: If the purpose of your travels is to cross out the major attractions, staying in this neighborhood is a wise choice. Make yourself at home at the Extended Stay America - Jacksonville - Baymeadows, the Comfort Suites Baymeadows Near Butler Blvd or the Embassy Suites by Hilton Jacksonville Baymeadows. Of the area's many highlights, perhaps the most well-known one is St. Johns Town Center.
- Ponte Vedra Concert Hall: If you're type of person who comes alive after sunset, this neighborhood is calling your name. Known for its nighttime scene, you'll be right at home. Stay at the Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, the Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville/Ponte Vedra or the Beach Bliss: Oceanfront Condo On Quiet Beach Just Steps From The Sand And Ocean and you'll be well-placed to make the most of hangouts such as Ponte Vedra Concert Hall.
Jacksonville flight + hotel packages
2021 Jacksonville vacations
Top Jacksonville hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Jacksonville
“A journey is a person in itself,” John Steinbeck once said. “No two are alike.” There is much truth in his words, whether you’re venturing 30 or 3,000 miles from your home. Every step you take begins a new adventure, and every journey helps you come closer to the person you were destined to become. Jacksonville vacations are the perfect opportunity to stretch your wings and seek wisdom in a new place. Each town, city, or region you visit has its own qualities, and Jacksonville, too, will wow you with glorious nature preserves and a meandering Riverwalk. Plan an easygoing trip to Jacksonville and partake of all the best tenants of Southern charm—from coastal to cuisine to golden sunshine glittering across the water as it rushes to the Atlantic.
Top Hotels in Jacksonville
Whether you stay in the city or near the beach, curate your own custom Jacksonville vacation package from our selection of convenient flights and luxury accommodation.
- One Ocean Resort & Spa: At One Ocean, water is everything. From the location right on Atlantic Beach, to the aquatic décor and calming sea tones, it’s all about washing the world away with relaxation. Pamper yourself with a body treatment at the full-service salon or wander beyond these tranquil walls to explore the city. You’ll be just a couple of miles from Jacksonville Beach Pier and Dutton Island Preserve.
- Best Western Oceanfront: Literally steps from the Jacksonville Beach Pier and Beaches Museum & History Park, this Best Western is more than a chain hotel. With pillowtop beds, complimentary breakfast, and an outdoor pool, it’s an oasis of simple luxuries.
- Omni Jacksonville Hotel: If a gourmet restaurant, a 24-hour fitness center, and complimentary shuttle service weren’t perks enough, this Omni hotel has a swoon-worthy location within walking distance to Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra and Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts. A night on the town awaits.
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach: This waterfront accommodation is sure to brighten your day, and we’re not just talking about the warm, peachy exterior that looks like a ray of sunshine. On Amelia Island in the small town of Fernandina Beach, this charmer features complimentary breakfast service, an outdoor pool, and, of course, exquisite ocean views.
Float on By
Jacksonville is the biggest city in Florida, and there’s plenty of rich, lush greenery to go around. If you’re staying near downtown, hide away in a peaceful oasis or the natural beauty at The Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens. Farther afield, north of the city center, Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary offers a rare glimpse into the habitats of exotic rescued animals from all over the world. And if you seek a beach vacation in Jacksonville, follow the sound of waves east to the small beach towns that line the Atlantic coast—known affectionately as simply “Beaches.”
You appreciate a good history lesson and a visit to Kingsley Plantation on Fort George Island certainly has stories to tell. No trip to the South is complete without exploring a beautiful farmhouse surrounded by swaying palms and somber slave quarters. As George Santayana once wrote, “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." Close your eyes and lean into the warm breeze as you remember for a moment, then build a bright tomorrow.
Festivals and Events
Another brilliant piece of Florida’s rich history is its music—the ballads of bluegrass are historic archives as jazz has created a rhythm that is uniquely joyous and soulful—and Jacksonville celebrates this heritage every year. Sway to the stylings of renowned artists at Springing into Blues during the first week of April, or plan your vacation in Jacksonville around the Jacksonville Jazz Festival over Memorial Weekend. If you’re traveling during the winter holidays, see Jacksonville Landing aglow at the annual tree lighting.
When the journey beckons like a good friend, you must take the trip, hand-in-hand with history, wild landscapes, and local celebrations, because this is how we begin our greatest adventures. Yours starts with booking Jacksonville vacation deals with Travelocity. You’ll save extra time and money with our price-matching guarantee. The search is over, so let the discovery begin.
Tours and Activities in Jacksonville
Whether you're venturing out alone or going on vacation with family, traveling's about broadening your mind, diving into new adventures and collecting memories along the way. Ready to go?
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Jacksonville?
How long should my Jacksonville vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Jacksonville?
Why should I purchase my Jacksonville vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Jacksonville car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Jacksonville?
Which airport is best for Jacksonville?
What is there to do in Jacksonville?
Where should I stay when visiting Jacksonville?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.