There aren't too many things that can beat the feeling of being outdoors. Make your way to Lake Somerville State Park - Birch Creek for a much-needed dose.
You'll find it in Brenham, 65 miles (105 kilometers) from the state capital, Austin.
Though there aren't any hotels in the immediate vicinity, there are more than enough in the wider area. Travel 25 miles (40 kilometers) and you'll discover Navasota, in addition to 5 places to stay. The Comfort Inn & Suites Navasota, Navasota Inn and Best Western Inn of Navasota are among the places here.
Other Things to Do Near Lake Somerville State Park - Birch Creek
Surely you're not intending to finish your day after Lake Somerville State Park - Birch Creek? Set aside some time to check out what else the area has available:
- Enjoy the sights and sounds of the natural environment as you explore Nails Creek State Park.
- Check out Rocky Creek Park, an established ground for camping that will be sure to match what you need.
- Embrace the zesty notes of this area at Saddlehorn Winery.
- Feel like you've traveled back in time with a stop at Burton Railroad Depot & Museum, a building of historical significance.
- Explore the world of history and enjoy a fun family outing with a tour of Burton Cotton Gin and Museum.