Dig out your walking shoes and take in the scenery around you at Lake Thunderbird State Park, a great place to spend the day outdoors with your travel buddies.
To experience it, pack your bags and head to Oklahoma City, the state capital.
Want to stay nearby? Since there's only 1 accommodation option in the vicinity, you're advised to reserve a room as soon as possible. The Whispering Pines Bed & Breakfast is 4 miles (6 kilometers) from Lake Thunderbird State Park.
Other Things to Do Near Lake Thunderbird State Park
After you're done at Lake Thunderbird State Park, there are a whole host of other attractions that'll keep you inspired:
- Native Spirits Winery is an ideal place for everyone from wine collectors to occasional drinkers.
- Take a seat at a table at Thunderbird Casino if you love glitz and glamour and the exhiliration when the dice are rolled.
- Breathe in the fresh air while taking in the natural landscape at George M. Sutton Wilderness Park. You'll discover lots of space to have fun and relax!
- Find out the difference between your birdies, backswings and bogeys, by enjoying a round or two at Jimmie Austin Golf Course.
- Add a creative element to your vacation by enjoying a play or two at Sooner Theatre.