Find & compare beach hotels in Norfolk, VA from $45
Top Norfolk Beach Resorts & Hotels
More Beachfront Hotels in Norfolk
- The Bay Inn315 East Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA
The price is $50 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 264.3/5Excellent! (8 reviews)
- Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel777 Waterside Dr, Norfolk, VA
The price is $103 per night from Jan 29 to Jan 303.8/5Good! (23 reviews)
- Best Western Plus Holiday Sands Inn & Suites1330 E Ocean View Ave, Norfolk, VA
The price is $78 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 263.6/5Good! (16 reviews)
- Super 8 by Wyndham Norfolk/Chesapeake Bay1010 W Ocean View Ave, Norfolk, VA
The price is $46 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 262.7/5 (40 reviews)
- Ocean View Inn1020 E. Ocean View Avenue, Norfolk, VA
The price is $49 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 262.6/5 (5 reviews)
- Motel 6 Norfolk, VA - Oceanview9601 4th View Street, Norfolk, VA
The price is $45 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 262.4/5 (7 reviews)
Beach Condos in Norfolk
- Cute condo two muinute walking to the beachNorfolk, VAGet Rates
- Willoughby Escape - Suite 5Norfolk, VAGet Rates
- Cute condo one minute walking to the beachNorfolk, VAGet Rates
- Willoughby Escape - Suite 6Norfolk, VA
The price is $61 per night from Jan 28 to Jan 29
- Willoughby Escape - Suite 1Norfolk, VA
The price is $61 per night from Feb 1 to Feb 2
- Upstair condo close to the beachNorfolk, VAGet Rates
Norfolk Beach Hotel Guide
With a slight heave of your shoulder and a quick flick of the wrist, you’ll set into motion a course of events that will shape your entire day. As the metal basket drops to the sandy floor, pulling the attached string with it, you settle into your comfy lounge chair on the bayside dock. Your wide-brimmed hat shields you from the warm sun as the breeze coming off the water causes the hairs on your arm to stand on end, gentle chills work their way down your spine. When you finish reading the next chapter of your favorite suspense thriller, it will be time to check if your efforts were rewarded. A few quick tugs on the string bring the equipment back from the depths. Nearing the surface, shades of azure and ash begin to appear through the dark waters. With a final pull, a handful of Chesapeake Blue Crabs are now on the dock next to you. After a few more casts and a few more chapters, you’ll have enough crab for the evening’s epicurean extravaganza—a typical ending to a typical day while vacationing at a Norfolk beachfront hotel.
What are the Beaches like in Norfolk?
Thanks to a unique geographical location, the city has waterfronts along the Chesapeake and Willoughby Bays, the James, Elizabeth, and Lafayette Rivers, the city’s harbor, and the Atlantic Ocean. When you stay at one of the Norfolk, VA hotels on the beach you won’t be far from a fun day on the water. Here are some of the area’s more popular beaches:
- Community Beach Park: Enjoy a picnic on the lush, grassy knolls before you spread out your blanket on the shore for an afternoon catnap by the coast.
- Ocean View Beach Park: The gentle waters make this a great beach for kayaking, paddle boarding, and just floating with the tide.
- Sarah Constant Shrine Beach: Dig your toes into the sand or cast a line into the surf as you while away the time on this immensely relaxing beach.
How to get from Norfolk airport to Virginia Beach?
Because of the influence of the Chesapeake, the waters around the city are calmer than you will find further out on the Atlantic coast. The closest place to experience the full force of the ocean is in Virginia Beach. If your Norfolk beach hotel is close to the airport—like the Doubletree by Hilton —you’ll have your ankles in the Atlantic in no time at all. Hop in Interstate 64 South for 4.1 miles, then head east on Interstate 264 for another 12.6 miles. If you prefer a more scenic—albeit slightly less direct—route, you can exit Interstate 64 at US Route 13. After 4.4 miles, you’ll catch US Route 60. Follow US Route 60 along the picturesque coast for 12 miles and you’ll reach the salty air of the beach in a more leisurely fashion.
When you use Travelocity to book your stay where the Chesapeake meets the Atlantic, you’ll be able to select from a wide assortment of accommodations like the Courtyard by Marriott-Norfolk Downtown. Plus, you’ll save enough money to buy your own bushel of crabs…just in case you don’t have any luck during your lazy afternoon on the dock.