If you're the type of person that has a never-ending curiosity, you'll be sure to enjoy Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park.
To reach it, make your way to New Harbor, 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the state capital, Concord.
Are you thinking about staying a short distance away? Since there's just 1 hotel in the area, it's a good idea to make your reservation before it's too late. The Smuggler's Cove Inn is only 4 miles (6 kilometers) away from Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park.
If all the sightseeing has left you peckish, go to Sea Gull Restaurant & Gift (3119 Bristol Road, New Harbor). It's merely 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park
After you've seen all there is to see at Pemaquid Point Lighthouse Park, there are a number of other things to experience in the wider area:
- Professional shoppers may want to make a beeline for Pemaquid Craft Co-op, a renowned store that people visit for.
- If you're looking for a unique experience, remember to schedule time to see Colonial Pemaquid State Historic Site. This popular local attraction offers a fascinating look at an archaeological dig site, and a selection of the items that were found.
- La Verna Preserve is a protected piece of land where you can get some fresh air, and maybe see some bird species.
- If you want an escape, consider heading to Cabbage Island, a spot over the water.
- Let your kids burn off some of their apparently limitless energy by running around and playing at Barrett Park, a green oasis.