Are you thinking it's time to visit Rollins Planetarium?
It's situated in Helen, roughly 85 miles (137 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Atlanta.
Since it's only 2 miles (3 kilometers) away, the Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa is the top hotel choice if you'd like to stay within close range of Rollins Planetarium.
The Lake Chatuge Lodge is the lone budget solution here, and it is 4 miles (6 kilometers) away.
When it's time for an evening meal, head to Chick-fil-A (228 Maple Street, Rollins Campus Center, Young Harris) for a fine feast. It's only 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) from Rollins Planetarium.
Other Things to Do Near Rollins Planetarium
Whether you'd like to diverge from the main tourist route or explore the more well-known attractions, you won't run out of things to do after your outing to Rollins Planetarium:
- You and your friends will appreciate a spicy and sweet adventure through the regional notes featured at Crane Creek Vineyards.
- Admire the serene sailboats and yachts moored in the docks, or just stroll around and enjoy the beautiful breeze at Boundary Waters Marina. Remember to contact them ahead of time for information.
- Walk to the pinnacle of Brasstown Bald Mountain for a panoramic view of this region.
- Nothing lifts the spirits quite like the exciting atmosphere of fairgrounds. If you find yourself feeling a little travel-weary, spend a morning at the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds.
- Hamilton Gardens is a wonderful place for environmental enthusiasts to spend some time with its range of plants, flowers and birds.