Recognized as one of the area's leading natural attractions, Ano Nuevo State Park will delight those who love nature.
To see it, you'll have to travel about 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the state capital, Sacramento, to Pescadero.
Because there aren't any hotels in the immediate vicinity, you'll need to head elsewhere to sleep. Menlo Park is 19 miles (31 kilometers) away and has 15 places ready to take you in. Well-liked by travelers are the Garden Court Hotel, The Westin Palo Alto and Stanford Park Hotel.
Other Things to Do Near Ano Nuevo State Park
You'll be able to stop by an assortment of other attractions after seeing Ano Nuevo State Park:
- Looking for a beach escape? Bring your sunscreen to Waddell Beach and listen to the crash of the waves.
- Go in search of wildlife, hone in on your photography skills and enjoy a walk at Big Basin Redwoods State Park.
- If you enjoy the great outdoors, Butano State Park is a place you're sure to appreciate. Set aside an afternoon and go for a picnic and hike in the fresh air.
- With a clear view of the surrounding water and an interesting history, Pigeon Point Lighthouse is a pleasurable day out.
- Whether you're a golf enthusiast or just starting out, you can't miss the chance to hit a round at Boulder Creek Golf Club and Country Club.