Where to stay in Glasgow: Best areas for travelers
- City Centre Glasgow: Home to iconic attractions like George Square and Glasgow Cathedral, it's no surprise that this neighborhood is the number one choice for many visitors. You'll be near the excitement and have your pick of places to stay, including the Buchanan Hotel. The Carlton George Hotel and the Park Inn by Radisson Glasgow City Centre are other places from which to discover this well-known end of town.
- North West: With lots of activities to keep you on the go during the day and a good assortment of hotels to spend your nights, this neighborhood is one to consider. Pay a visit to Botanic Gardens and other awesome sights before resting up at the Hilton Glasgow Grosvenor Hotel, the Ambassador Hotel or the Argyll Western Hotel.
- Glasgow Westend: Welcoming hotels such as The Alfred, the Kelvin Hotel West End and the Argyll Western Hotel are just one reason to stay in this neighborhood. But Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, one of the neighborhood's biggest sights, is what really brings in the crowds. Base yourself here and tick it off your bucket list.
- Dunbartonshire: For a true taste of this area's vibrant nightlife, consider this neighborhood. Join the crowd for a terrific time at Cumbernauld Theatre, then dance your way into the early hours of the morning. When you're ready to roll into bed, The Titan, the Glasgow North or the Clydebank Hotel will be ready and waiting for you.
- Finnieston: Clyde Auditorium draws many travelers to this neighborhood. If you'd like to see this popular attraction for yourself, why not consider staying here too? You'll have a nice range of hotels to select from, including the Crowne Plaza Hotel Glasgow, the Campanile Hotel Glasgow - SECC and the Radisson RED Glasgow.
Top Glasgow hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Glasgow
Glasgow vacation packages give you full access to this iconic city, the largest in Scotland. From its historic roots as the largest port in Britain to its current status as the epicenter of Scottish culture and football (soccer) fervor, all-inclusive vacation bundles to Glasgow are a great way to get to know this northern jewel.
Major Attractions in Glasgow
Hotels in Glasgow serve as home base to hundreds of historical attractions. From the Roman-era Hadrian's Wall, to countless structures from the Middle Ages, there's no shortage of adventures for history buffs. While the public transportation system is among the U.K.'s finest, you'll still want to secure a car rental in Glasgow to reach the far-flung historical points of interest.
If you're a sports fan, don't miss a chance to take in one of Scotland's two national passions: soccer and rugby matches are held on a regular basis at its largest stadiums. Golf lovers are also in luck, as dozens of stunning golf courses dot the landscape in and around the city. And of course downtown Glasgow is home to hundreds of tradition-soaked pubs and restaurants.
Events in Glasgow
Unsurprisingly, Scottish music remains a huge attraction in Glasgow, including the iconic bagpipes, and the best Celtic music in the world can be heard at many local events and even a few pubs. Glasgow package deals often include admission to the frequent food and drink festivals held throughout the year.
History buffs have a particularly unique opportunity, as Glasgow will be celebrating its World War I centenary until 2020, with events held throughout the year. If you plan on booking holiday flight and hotel packages, make sure to be there for the Paisley Lights Christmas Switch-On in mid-November, which launches the city's holiday festival season.
Book your Glasgow vacation with Travelocity today. With Travelocity, you can choose from over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide.
Tours and Activities in Glasgow
Anyone can have a conventional vacation lazing by the pool, but traveling should be about broadening your horizons. So why don't you get stuck into some fantastic new adventures? (This way, you'll have stacks more to brag about when you get home!)
There are so many activities to try in Glasgow. If you're having problems deciding, here are a few suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Glasgow?
How long should my Glasgow vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Glasgow?
Why should I purchase my Glasgow vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Glasgow car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Glasgow?
Which airport is best for Glasgow?
What is there to do in Glasgow?
Where should I stay when visiting Glasgow?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.