Book a hotel near University of Maine, Bangor
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near University of Maine
University of Maine Hotel & Travel Guide
An ideal way to really get to know a destination is to learn about its history. You'll find about this area's stories during your visit to University of Maine.
It's just one of the long list of reasons that many worldly explorers head to the marvelous city of Bangor each year.
If you're hoping for an easy drive from your hotel, it would be a good idea to make a reservation at one of the 2 nearby accommodations in advance. The Black Bear Inn Conference Center & Suites and University Inn Academic Suites are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of University of Maine.
If you have always felt that traveling is more about seeing the local culture than staying in swanky hotels, try the budget solutions that are a short commute away. You can take a look at the Quality Inn at Bangor Mall and the Country Inn at The Mall.
Pull up a chair, rest your feet and enjoy a snack at Oakes Room Cafe, a frequently visited eatery within easy reach of University of Maine. However, if your belly's making noises, you can silence it by visiting OHOP Orono House of Pizza, also in the neighborhood. Walk down the road and while away the rest of your day trying the wine and beer at FPI Inc.
Other Things to Do Near University of MaineHere's a sampling of the region's other popular pursuits:
- Take part in a tour of Hudson Museum. Making time to explore this fascinating local attraction will give you a window into other cultures and times in history.
- The outstanding performances, festivals and other events showcased at Collins Center for the Arts are adored by local creators and spectators.
- Head to Maine Forest and Logging Museum if you've visited all the popular museums and you're hungry for more!
- Try and find the fairways at Penobscot Valley Country Club, a great place to relax and play a couple of rounds.
- If you'd like to stretch your legs in the open air, consider Orono Bog Boardwalk for a peaceful morning.