Not every globetrotter is given the opportunity to visit Eglin Air Force Base. When you arrive there, you'll be happy that you were one of the lucky ones!
Fort Walton Beach, approximately 130 miles (209 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Tallahassee, is where you'll find it.
After spending time at Eglin Air Force Base, wrap up an enjoyable day at a pleasant hotel. There are 55 potential candidates within 6 miles (10 kilometers). Spend a bit of time comparing the amenities at the Silver Shells Beach Resort & Spa by Wyndham Vacation Rentals and The Palms of Destin.
Not too far away, there are some great value solutions that are ideal for making your travel allowance work harder. If you aren't quite sure where to start, take a look at the Destin Inn and Suites and the Quality Inn At Eglin AFB.
In the surrounding area, you can find a few lavish establishments to spend a few nights. Consider the Destin Towers by Holiday Isle and Shoreline Towers by Dale E. Peterson Vacations.
Other Things to Do Near Eglin Air Force Base
When you're finished exploring Eglin Air Force Base, get set to take in everything that the rest of the area has to offer:
- Discover the wonder and magic of flight at Air Force Armament Museum. This is one of the region's most visited attractions, which lets visitors enjoy hands-on learning through interactive exhibits.
- Try and find the fairways at Windswept Dunes Golf Course, a lovely place to unwind and play a couple of rounds.
- A fun walk along Turkey Creek Nature Trail will reward nature lovers with scenic vistas and a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of daily city life.
- Tee up at Shalimar Pointe Golf and Country Club, a nice place to relax and play a couple of rounds.
- Shalimar Pointe Golf Club is the ideal place to play a game or two and meet some of the local players.