Book a hotel near F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum, Cumberland
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum
F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum Hotel & Travel Guide
Educate yourself about the people, places and events which have influenced the region at F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum, one of its finest historical sights.
To get there, make your way approximately 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the state capital, Annapolis, to Cumberland.
There are 2 hotels in the area, so it'd be a wise idea to book ahead. Within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum you’ll find the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cumberland and Ramada Cumberland Downtown.
If you would rather pocket a little bit of your hard-earned money for some of the finer things in life, spend a few nights at one of the economical hotels that are not too far away. You will be able to find the Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland and the Rodeway Inn a reasonable drive away.
Only a few minutes away, Sheetz is a superb place to sit down and enjoy a quick snack or a coffee. If your stomach is grumbling, take a look at the menu at Pyzano's Pizzeria, a quality eatery that's nearby. Finish off a leisurely day by enjoying a drink at Appel's Gateway, which is also in the immediate vicinity.
Other Things to Do Near F. Brooke Whiting House and MuseumOnce you are finished with F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum, be sure not to neglect the area's other attractions:
- You'll love an informative guided tour of Gordon Roberts House, a local historic house.
- See the works of art on display at Gilchrist Gallery.
- Make time in your busy schedule to see Allegany County Courthouse. This historic civic building is of interest to many visitors.
- Enjoy a visit to Emmanuel Episcopal Church and become acquainted with the spiritual side of this place.
- Stop by George Washington's Headquarters, a much-loved historical building, and understand why it's cherished by the local community.
After a busy day, get on the train at Cumberland, only 1 mile (2 kilometers) from F. Brooke Whiting House and Museum.