Book a hotel near Gordon Roberts House, Cumberland
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Gordon Roberts House
Gordon Roberts House Hotel & Travel Guide
A visit to Gordon Roberts House is a great experience for anyone who wants to learn more about the events that shaped this region.
It's in Cumberland, roughly 130 miles (209 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Annapolis.
If you're curious as to where the best place would be to base yourself, you'll be happy to know that you have 2 great options to choose from. Take your time comparing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Cumberland and Ramada Cumberland Downtown, located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Gordon Roberts House.
Put your feet up at one of the low-cost hotels nearby. Some of your choices are the Comfort Inn & Suites LaVale - Cumberland and the Rodeway Inn.
Stop into Sheetz (210 Greene Street, Cumberland) for a cup of coffee. you're sure to smell the freshly brewed coffee before you step through the door. Later on you can enjoy a pleasant night with a drink in your hand at Appel's Gateway (245 Beall Street, Cumberland).
Other Things to Do Near Gordon Roberts HouseYou're surely not intending to call it a day after Gordon Roberts House? Put aside some time to check out what else the wider region has in store:
- Devote some time to art appreciation at Gilchrist Gallery, a local art gallery.
- Imagine what it might have been like to live in the area long ago as you admire Allegany County Courthouse, a historic civic building.
- Take time to stop by Emmanuel Episcopal Church. Even though this local church is often visited by tourists, you need to ask about the tour times if you want to spend time inside this peaceful building.
- Walk through George Washington's Headquarters and understand the rich history that is embedded in these walls.
- Embark on a journey back through previous chapters when you hop on Western Maryland Railroad Station.
After a fun-filled day, get on a train at Cumberland, 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) from Gordon Roberts House.