Where to stay in Lyon: Best areas for travelers
- Lyon City Centre: If you enjoy staying in the center of the action, head for this neighborhood. There are plenty of awesome sights to check off your itinerary here, including Basilica of Notre-Dame de Fourvière and Lyon Cathedral. Top hotels in this neighborhood include the To Sleep in Lyon The Light, the Hotel du Helder and the France Payment & Billing Test 01.
- La Presqu'ile: There are plenty of good reasons to stay here, including easy access to popular attractions like Bellecour Square. Find a comfortable room at the Hotel Vaubecour, the Hotel de l'Abbaye or the Quietly, in a Bright Apartment in the Heart of the Peninsula. Hyper Center and you can visit whenever works for you.
- 3rd Arrondissement: Home to Part Dieu Mall, Oxygen Tower and Theatre du Guignol de Lyon, it's easy to see why so many visitors choose to stay here. Once you're done ticking off these popular sights, you'll be in a great place from which to explore all the other things the city has to offer. Look up the rooms at the Quiet 2 BR apt in Sans-souci, Garage & Terrace, the Modern and Cozy Studio Near Part-dieu Station S1 and the Serenity Bubble: House on Garden at 10 min Part Dieu: Station + Shops.
- 2nd Arrondissement: Many travelers choose to base themselves in this neighborhood to be near some of the city's major attractions. Confluence Museum, Lyon Confluence Shopping Center and Place Carnot are just a few of them here. If you're also thinking of staying in this part of town, the Mercure Lyon Centre Château Perrache, the Hotel de Normandie and the Hôtel Berlioz are among your choices.
- 1st Arrondissement: Stay in this neighborhood and you'll have some famous attractions at your fingertips. You'll also have a nice range of hotels to choose from. Check in to the Heart of Lyon and Unobstructed View, the Apartment 4-6 Pers or the Hotel Saint-Vincent and you'll be able to easily reach Lyon City Hall.
2021 Lyon vacations
Top Lyon hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Lyon
Lyon is one of France's largest cities, and it's rich with culture and history. Its east-central location makes it the perfect base from which to strike out and explore the country. But the city itself is full of great attractions plus so many amazing restaurants that you may not want to leave! Check out Lyon vacation packages and start living "la belle vie," the beautiful life.
Vieux Lyon, the Old Town, is where you'll find many of the city's most historic buildings and the typically Lyonnaise "traboules," which are courtyard corridors linking two streets. One of the highlights of the Old Town is the beautiful Gothic-style St. Jean Cathedral. From here, you can take a funicular ride up to Fourvière, the original Roman settlement, and the religious district of Lyon. There are several churches in the area—the white marble Fourvière Basilica is the most splendid. Lyon is also a city of gastronomic delights, and the Presqu'île area has some of the best bistros in town. Many of the top hotels in Lyon also have superb restaurants. If you're getting out of the city, look into Lyon rental cars and hit the road. The Alps, the Swiss border, the lake town of Annecy, and the medieval village of Perouges are all within day-tripping distance.
Recurring Festivals and Events
Lyon vacations are wonderful at any time of year and especially during one of the city's major events. During the Festival of Lights on four days in early December, everyone places candles in their windows, bathing the entire city in light. Nuits de Fourvière is a summer festival that takes place in the Roman theater on the hill and features music concerts, shows, and theater performances.
When you're ready to experience "joie de vivre," delight in being alive, Travelocity has lots of great value Lyon packages. Search over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide to find deals that will make you say, "Oui!"
Tours and Activities in Lyon
Nothing's wrong with a garden-variety getaway lounging beside the pool, but traveling's about trying new things. So why not try out some thrilling new adventures? (That way, you'll have tons more to brag about when you get home!)
Don't dream of an amazing vacation — have one. An Electric Bike Tour of Lyon should be a part of your Lyon travel schedule.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Lyon?
How long should my Lyon vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Lyon?
Why should I purchase my Lyon vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Lyon car rental if I book it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Lyon?
Which airport is best for Lyon?
What is there to do in Lyon?
Where should I stay when visiting Lyon?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.