Where to stay in Sorrento: Best areas for travelers
- Sorrento City Centre: Mingle with the locals in the evenings at Tasso Theatre. This area features some vibrant nightlife attractions, so if you'd love to stay up late, it's a good idea to spend the night close by. The Hotel Il Faro, the Hotel Palazzo Guardati and the Hotel Carlton International are some top picks.
- Sorrento Historic Centre: While there are lots of things to see and do here, Piazza Tasso and Piazza Sant'Antonino offer an unique opportunity to discover the past. Stay at the Continental, the Bellevue Syrene or the Grand Hotel La Favorita and you won't be too far from these interesting attractions.
Sorrento flight + hotel packages
2021 Sorrento vacations
Top Sorrento hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Sorrento
It's hard to imagine a more picturesque city that Sorrento, Italy. Sweeping vistas of alabaster cliffs frame this terraced city perched above the Bay of Naples. Honeymooners, history buffs, and families alike will be left in awe after their Sorrento vacations. Roman ruins mix with café-lined piazzas in this enchanting city, and Sorrento vacation packages will make sure you don't miss a thing!
Have you ever wanted to swim in a crystal clear lagoon flanked by the ruins of a Roman villa? If you didn't before, you probably do now. Ask the locals to point you to the Bagni della Regina Giovanna,, the perfect way to kick start your Sorrento adventure! A stop at one of Sorrento's many famed churches is a great way to get a sense of the city's rich history and culture. Need a bit of a pick me up to continue your exploration? Grab a cup of coffee in Piazza Tasso (not far from Sorrento hotels in the heart of the city) and stroll through the delightful city center. Car rentals in Sorrento are a popular way to explore the Amalfi Coast, but guided and private tours are an affordable way to immerse yourself in the majesty of this seaside escape.
Recurring Festivals and Events
No vacation would be complete without sampling local cuisine, and Sorrento's Sagra della Salcissia e Ceppone is an annual celebration involving hundreds of pounds of sausage grilled over an open fire (complete with generous amounts of local wine). For holiday travelers, the Settimana Santa is a renowned nighttime religious procession just before Easter. It's steeped in tradition and history, and is popular with religious observers and curious tourists.
With so much to do in Sorrento, let Travelocity help you book your Sorrento package deals and leave your vacation budget for the sights! Save up for $537 when you book flights and hotels together with Travelocity!
Tours and Activities in Sorrento
Sensational places, unique people and unforgettable experiences — that's what travel's about. Getting excited about your next great adventure?
You'll never be bored in Sorrento. If you're having problems deciding, here are a few recommendations:
- Amalfi Coast, Sorrento & Pompeii Private Shore Excursion
- Private Amalfi Coast Sightseeing Tour on a Vintage Vespa
- Private Minivan: Sorrento - Amalfi Coast
- Transfer Tour: Naples Airport/Train Station to Sorrento with 2-Hour Stop in Pompeii
- Private Excursion to the Amalfi Coast
- Private Standard Car: Sorrento - Amalfi Coast
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Sorrento?
How long should my Sorrento vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Sorrento?
Why should I purchase my Sorrento vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Sorrento car rental if I bundle it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Sorrento?
Which airport is best for Sorrento?
What is there to do in Sorrento?
Where should I stay when visiting Sorrento?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.