Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Detroit, a cosmopolitan city known for its theaters and casinos, as well as attractions like GM Renaissance Center and Ford Field. Take your pick from Travelocity's 131 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Detroit and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Detroit with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Belle Isle, Detroit Riverwalk, and Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory.
- Other things to see include Fox Theatre, Comerica Park, and Charles H. Wright Museum of African-American History.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet Supplies Plus, Corbret's Pet and Pond Depot, or M & M Pet Supplies Inc.
- For vet care, All About Animals Rescue, Grosse Pointe Animal Clinic, and Beacon Pointe Pharmacy are located in the area.
Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Detroit
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit-Utica
Pets stay free at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and comfortable rooms.
- Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
Dogs stay free at this 3.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and room service.
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Lake Orion/Auburn Hills
Pets stay free at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the restaurant and family amenities.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Detroit
Weather can make a huge difference, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. We have gathered the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help better plan your time in Detroit.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 51°F in the daytime to 20°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 82°F and the nighttime average is 34°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 83°F in the daytime to 50°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 66°F and the nighttime average is 22°F.