You won't regret adding Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia to your travel agenda.
To get there, you'll need to travel about 75 miles (121 kilometers) from the state capital, Atlanta, until you arrive at Helen.
If you're somewhat strapped for time, make a booking at The Stovall House. It's located just 1 mile (2 kilometers) from Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia.
Rest your head at one of the low-cost hotels that are not too far away. Why not opt for one of the Red Roof Inn Helen and the Quality Inn Helen?
Is your phone gallery full but your belly empty? You can follow the aroma of coffee 0.3 miles (0.5 kilometers) and settle in for a drink at Sweetwater Coffee House (2242 Georgia 17, Sautee Nacoochee). You might also like to dine at Nacoochee Valley Guest House (2220 Georgia 17, Sautee Nacoochee), an enduring favorite with out-of-towners and locals alike.
Other Things to Do Near Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia
You've traveled for quite some time, so we imagine Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia is just the beginning. Once you're finished, have a look at what the rest of the area has to offer:
- Take time to check out the fantastic program of art courses, exhibits and music shows proudly offered by Sautee Nacoochee Community Center.
- Enjoy the zesty notes of the local area at Sautee Nacoochee Vineyards.
- Engineers and visitors alike are sure to relish a bit of time at Stovall Mill Covered Bridge. Plan a tour to learn more about this significant bridge.
- Arrange to see Dukes Creek Gold & Ruby Mines, a historic mine where you can picture life long ago.
- Putt-putt golf has to be one of those childhood pastimes that isn't likely to lose its charming qualities. Forget about being an adult for a little while at Alpine Mini Golf.