There is nothing wrong with taking some grown-up downtime on your vacation. Leave your kids with a babysitter and enjoy a few hours at Sautee Nacoochee Vineyards.
Helen, where it is to be found, sits 75 miles (121 kilometers) from the state capital, Atlanta.
If you're wondering where the best place would be to stay, you'll be happy to know you have 3 great options to select from. The Jameson Inn and Econo Lodge Helen are within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Sautee Nacoochee Vineyards.
If you don't like having to choose between going out for lunch or buying that perfect gift, then free up some of your daily budget by reserving a room at one of the surrounding area's more economical hotels. The Red Roof Inn Helen and the Quality Inn Helen are worth a shot.
Other Things to Do Near Sautee Nacoochee Vineyards
Surely you weren't going to finish your day after Sautee Nacoochee Vineyards? Allow yourself some time to check out what else there is to do:
- Sautee Nacoochee Community Center boasts exhibits, music shows and courses that will give you a better understanding of the arts scene of the area.
- Once you're done visiting all the other museums, you could check out what's on at Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia.
- Arrange to see Dukes Creek Gold & Ruby Mines, an inactive, historic mine where you'll imagine what the area was like long ago.
- Mini golf has to be one of those youthful activities that never loses its charming qualities. Be a big kid for a little while at Alpine Mini Golf.
- Go and pick up a bunch of pamphlets and maps from Alpine Helen/White County Convention and Visitors Bureau and get some more information about the local area.