Don't wrack your brain thinking about what you should do next. Fort Fisher State Historic Site awaits.
Wilmington, where it is situated, sits 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Raleigh.
You don’t need to travel far to find a hotel. There are 9 options within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Fort Fisher State Historic Site. See which appeals to you the most out of the Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach and Beacon House Inn Bed & Breakfast.
Modest yet comfortable rooms at bargain prices. That is exactly what you'll discover during your stay at one of the inexpensive hotels here. Some of your choices are the Surfside Lodge Oceanfront and the Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Fisher State Historic Site
Here's a sample of the area's other pursuits:
- Formed naturally over thousands of years, the remarkable natural beauty of Coquina Outcrop makes for a wonderful excursion.
- See the collection of marine creatures that are exhibted at North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher.
- Enjoy the natural world by spending some time at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area, a large recreational area.
- Kure Beach Pier is the ideal platform to witness the world go by. Try some wildlife spotting, admire the sight of any passing boats or simply enjoy the magnificent views.
- You definitely don't need to leave the city to take in the fresh air and relaxing atmosphere of pleasant parkland spaces. Ocean Front Park awaits visitors and locals alike.