Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Gainesville, a family-friendly city known for its restaurants and festivals, as well as attractions like Smithgall Arts Center and Quinlan Visual Arts Center. Choose from Travelocity's 10 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Gainesville and bring your four-legged friends along!
How to Wander Wisely in Gainesville with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Wilshire Trails Park, Lake Lanier, and Don Carter State Park.
- Other things to see include Interactive Neighborhood for Kids, Elachee Nature Science Center, and Chicopee Woods Golf Course.
- Need a pet store? Try Oskar Pet Boutique, LLC, Destiny's Fur Babies, or Paws That's All.
- For vet care, Animal Emergency of Gainesville, an animal emergency center (formerly An-Emerge), Gainesville Veterinary Hospital, and Lance Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Gainesville
- Lanier Islands Legacy Lodge
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 3.5-star lodge, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate its great beach location.
- Quality Inn & Suites
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star hotel. Guests appreciate its location and comfy beds.
- Dawson Village Inn
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Gainesville
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time outdoors. Here are the average daytime and nighttime temperatures to help better plan your vacation in Gainesville.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 67°F in the daytime to 31°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 87°F and the nighttime average is 44°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 87°F in the daytime to 56°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 75°F and the nighttime average is 32°F.